what are you doing at work today?

A quick fun thread for the working crew today.

What specifically are you doing today at work?

I’ll start it out…

Setting up pallets of broken electronics to put on a cargo container to go to brazil.

Sitting here at my desk fighting a nasty hangover.

sitting online most of the day… and dealing with morons that know nothing about computers

edit: and i feel ya on the hangover part LOL

i called in sick cause I have pink eye, probably the best thing ever.
No one wants to be by me (like my gf), just the way I like it

today I get to do the same thing I do everyday, design sound deadening panels and draw the patterns for them on autocad.

training session for CIT job, then Catering a party for UB athletic Director.

9am - 2am FTW

then doing the same tomorrow

Today is friday so nothing much…mostly just emailing people setting up things for next week…

I might make an ad or something

i came in and ran a report, then left at 9 to get fitted for a tux, stopped at the bank, had breakfast, then just got back 11:30

at 12 im going to lunch with sales team till prolly 130-200

then i run a report at three and will leave around 3:45

:slight_smile:

Reading up on PostgreSQL. Thinking about using it in the 6.0 version of our application.

Reading the ISO spec I got from our latest online ATM provider, Fifth Third, because I have to start coding that next week.

going through creating tags for a local powerplant

updating a hazardous collection center drawings

running to the power plant to pick up new drawings

stairing at my computer doing nothing

Working an IT helpdesk
answering phones and helping people trouble shoot issues with their computer/office ish. 20 calls so far…

lots of free time because its slow on Fri, so i’m here and just ordered some new rear tires :tup:

Need to make better use of this marketing degree though…:frowning:

You?..i need to make better use for my networking degree…this is why i am leaving LOL

plotting on how to take over the company and then the rest of the world…

i have to test 10kpsi sensors at 185 and 99 degrees to
figure out why there are linearity and hysteresis problems
in production causing late deliveries.

update schematics so that they are ready for the new product release.
then start building prototype pc board assemblies for beta customers.

and in between this i will be pulled away 7 or 8 times to work on the daily fires
that arise in production and engineering…
ex. me specifying a replacement FET with one of 1/2 the power rating of the obsolete original and realizing it too late.
so if we run out of good parts it’s only 700k/month in sales… :frowning:

Well, Springer isn’t on untill three, so I’ll probably just stare at stuff, light some stuff on fire, eat, and go online. I will definatly be lighting stuff on fire.

I wish I would have brought Xbox in today :frowning:

We got a delivery 30 new Dell flatpanel monitors that I have to start deploying.

Cogent finally pulled the fiber into our server room yesterday, so we have to test our new Ip blocks.

I’m in the middle of building a RIS server which boots computers via NIC (PXE) and drops an image on them… over a 1Gbit connection it preloads WinXP sp2, office 2003, and about 20 more programs in about, 17 minutes. (partition, format and all) It’s hot as hell.

We have a cable modem for testing and I’m trying to install a wifi router and have a couple repeaters so we can have some kinda wifi in the office for personal use…

Hmm installing Counterpoint on some Dell Poweredge servers…

Setting up 2 new named servers…

Waiting for a ton of crap to come from UPS/FedEx…

Making some new back up shell scripts…

And tweaking the SQL cluster I put up a month ago…

And I didnt even attend ITT…

studying for the LSAT while casually searching the web and checking my e-mail every 5 mins.

oh and then dispatching and answering phone calls as well.

Conference call about setting up an inventory tracking system for a warehouse in Brooklyn. Dealt with whiners about their slow connection between South Dakota and Nevada. Will probably have to deal with people in Dublin later and explain to them the idea behind Security Audits and why I’m not able to give them information they should already know :bloated:

Zzzz… Come burn things! Im so bored.

\

:word: