The worst part about the flu....

Is that period of time between when you know that you’re sick… and you actually vomit.
I laid down about 9:30 or so… Realized somethings not right, and I’ve been here ever since. I’m tired as all fuck, dizzy… Nauseous as all hell. Shitting my brains out… but no pukey.

Hey, my 430 alarm just went off. Time to wake up to get ready for work!.. Oh wait…

YEah, I hate when you are just starting to get sick and you know it’s happening and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it. That first day where you take that huge turn is shitty.

I was sick a couple weeks ago. I never vomited but I felt like shit for a whole week and was thirsty all the time. Drank a shit load of water and pissed a lot. I still have the itch in my throat but that’s about it.

Edit: The worst part about the flew was my really shirt pay check. Not working hardly any OT when you normally get 55hrs a week you kinda take a huge hit.

Total bummer.

First time getting a flu shot this year so hoping I don’t deal with that this winter.

My wife just got a flu shot and was sick within a few hours, doctor said it had nothing to do with her being sick. Just bad luck I guess.

My arm was a little sore at the injection site for a day but other than that no ill effects. Obama’s policies did start to make sense about an hour after the shot but luckily that wore off. Guess they need to tweak the formula a little bit more before the 2012 election.

I haven’t had a voice since Friday night. But I’m not puking at least :frowning:

ive never been sick before. also never had any immunizations.

I remember when I never got sick. It was before I had a kid that gets sent to school where it seems her entire purpose is to gather germs to bring back and spread around my house.

Yeah, it’s weird… all night I felt like I was going to vomit everywhere. I was TERRIBLY nauseous, burping, and my stomach kept doing those spasms it does right before you throw up… Like tensing up really quick, but never threw up. Finally got to sleep at about 8am.
I got my flu shot early last week, then the girlfriend started to show signs of the flu (by vomiting every half hour for about 12 hours) on Friday… I was hoping that I’d escape it, but no luck.
Right now I’m feeling ok though… It’s weird. The flu shot takes 2 weeks before it’s effective, and you can have the virus for a few days (up to a week i recall) before showing any signs. Hopefully I can make it to work tomorrow. I just switched jobs 2 months ago, I bet they are THRILLED with me taking off because of the “flu” right before thanksgiving. At least I can work 16 tomorrow if I’m up for it and another 8 on saturday to make up the lost money :expressionless: and hopefully don’t miss out on holiday pay!

I curse you.
What field do you work in?
When I worked retail, I was sick just about every few months. Now I’m only sick when the girlfriend brings me home a wonderful present like such. She’s a hair stylist… So she usually brings home the flu every year, and half the time I get it -.-

I don’t know whats going on with me but,

This is the first year in a long time that I didn’t get a flu shot. This is also the first year in a while that I havnt gotten sick (yet).

Usually I get sick about halfway thru Fall, but so far so good.