Theres a new name atop the big 3 manufacturers

I’d take almost any Olds (RWD - Cutlass, Eighty Eight, Ninety Eight, F85, etc) over a Caddy anyday. Olds went out of production because GM built a bunch of junk with different names on them to make each division’s vehicles. Once the sales dropped (due to lack of interest in their produucts) the division was kind lost in the shuffle. Oldsmobile was the top GM division thru the 70’s/80’s, until they dropped the RWD platforms (1988 - Gbody, 1996 - Bbody - RIP both). They should have dropped the name then, too, so as not to ruin it with the garbage they produced afterwards (Intrigue, Alero, Aurora, etc).

I agree Honda/Acura & Toyota build a hell of a car (dependiblility, build quality, performance). They just lack character & emotion. I had a 2006 Acura TL. Nice car but rather boring. Too expensive for what it was. It still drove like a Civic. This is good & bad as a Civic is a nice car, but not $36K nice.

I am in no way trying to defend american vehicles here, but I think the american car manufacturers are turning around & are finally building some damn nice vehicles (they are just on a slower curve than the imports). The build quality, fit/finish, dependibility, & performance is many steps above what it used to be. There was a time when the imports sucked, too.

x2. Your showing your age, Shaggy.

:stupid: