Theres a new name atop the big 3 manufacturers

Why do you call the white one a “bora” and your other car is a “jetta”. They both look like Jettas to me.

The reason y so many foreign cars have lasted through the 90’s is because the foreign market had preset scheduled maintenance that there customers must follow were GM or Ford didnt make it mandatory. Gm and Ford customers on the other hand only bring there cars in if something is wrong.If the GM or Ford customers had regular maintenance done u would see that most of them could last as long as the foreign cars did in the 90’s

I 100% disagree.
:ugh2:

x2

Transmission went twice in my 04 Grand prix after 60k miles. Their “used” replacement they shipped went after 1200 miles.

:bowrofl:

:slap:

that or maybe because most domestic’s made in the 90’s completely sucked ass

I’d take almost any Olds (RWD - Cutlass, Eighty Eight, Ninety Eight, F85, etc) over a Caddy anyday. Olds went out of production because GM built a bunch of junk with different names on them to make each division’s vehicles. Once the sales dropped (due to lack of interest in their produucts) the division was kind lost in the shuffle. Oldsmobile was the top GM division thru the 70’s/80’s, until they dropped the RWD platforms (1988 - Gbody, 1996 - Bbody - RIP both). They should have dropped the name then, too, so as not to ruin it with the garbage they produced afterwards (Intrigue, Alero, Aurora, etc).

I agree Honda/Acura & Toyota build a hell of a car (dependiblility, build quality, performance). They just lack character & emotion. I had a 2006 Acura TL. Nice car but rather boring. Too expensive for what it was. It still drove like a Civic. This is good & bad as a Civic is a nice car, but not $36K nice.

I am in no way trying to defend american vehicles here, but I think the american car manufacturers are turning around & are finally building some damn nice vehicles (they are just on a slower curve than the imports). The build quality, fit/finish, dependibility, & performance is many steps above what it used to be. There was a time when the imports sucked, too.

x2. Your showing your age, Shaggy.

:stupid:

At last an intelligent reply! And I agree with you.

It is a Jetta, really. They are called Bora everywhere else in the world, but Jetta in the U.S. because the name is familiar and sells well here. I changed the name on the back to Bora since that is it’s true name in Germany.

I’m trying not to generalise because someone will always point out exception to the rule, BUT: I drive 40000+ miles per year, I need the car to outlast the payments; I only look at toyotas and hondas. Call them soulless, but they’re devoid of all the shitty quirks as well.

If the pontiac vibe had a smaller motor, I might be interested, but only because it’s a toyota matrix with better interest rates.