Theres a new name atop the big 3 manufacturers

incredibly old, Tod. But nonetheless i can’t understand things like this. (not directed at you)

Why is the first finger of “shitty foreign car” pointed at what i feel to be one of the best engineered and designed makes of cars? While honda DOES retain their flaws as minor as they be, face the facts. They are BY FAR the easiest cars to work on, about as reliable as they come, and although beauty is in the eye of the beholder the best put together.

I work on cars every day, it’s what i do for a living, and i will tell you straight out i DREAD when i get a repair order for a ford or a chrysler, let alone volkswagen, audi, bmw and the like. It’s all junk to me, as if it were put together by a blind man. 90% of the car’s interior doesnt line up, it feels like you’re riding on a PATtransit bus when you sit down and it’s more than dissapointing when you push the accelerator down on something with a 5.4L motor and the gas gauge falls down as the RPM’s climb painfully slow.

You don’t see that many foreign cars from the 80’s anymore? Show me all the domestic cars with 250,000+ miles on them. Keyword? ORIGINAL ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION Simple fact is people buy cost effective foreign cars and run them into the ground. Body falls apart? yeah you’re right. But the engine is still running strong. Another thing you forget to mention is, how strong was the foreign car base in america in the 80’s? Not as strong as the american car manufacturers still winding down from the muscle car era. Ask your question in Japan, see how your answer will change. Where we live alone will not determine the quality due to quantity.

Put up some statistics.
Ford? still struggling to make an auto tranny that won’t take itself apart before 20,000 miles in some F-series trucks, EXPLORERS and MOUNTAINEERS especially, and the taurus/sable platform.
GM? They’ll get that intake gasket problem solved someday, maybe.
Chrysler? you serious? german engineering, the death wish they needed.

Honda.
HondaJET- do the american car companies have an airplane?
Dirtbikes- how about dirbikes?
Streetbikes- streetbikes? nope!
Quads?- still striking out!

Okay. well then they must make
Lawnmowers? haha
Weedwackers? nah
Jetski’s? forget about it
Generators? yeah right.
Asimo? what’s that? a robot that’s SMARTER than our president?! HA!

Face the facts, the technological advantage goes to the japs, they’re goin for the knockout punch. I love my country but i call em like i see em’. I’m all for keeping jobs here and all but you gotta look out for number one, and i’m not gonna waste my hard earned money on domestic shit because “That’s what uncle sam would do”

That doesn’t exempt Nissan and Toyota, it just seemed like this was more of a “the world vs. honda” argument.

I don’t feel this way BECAUSE i drive hondas, i drive hondas because i feel this way. This is in no way a shot at 60’s era muscle cars WHEN A CAR WAS A CAR. Bottom line is i’ll agree when you’re right, until then if you want to deny the inevitable and keep throwing your money into a pisspot, go ahead.

Now someone be a good domestic car owner and tell me something clever like, “my honda has a small motor bwhahahahahahahahaha” :1320:

This isn’t an attempt to start an e-thug deathmatch with anyone, nor was it directed at anyone particularly, just random points i felt needed made as i read through the thread, so put your shotglass of testosterone away and save it for the track. Just talk with a little sense next time.