Theres a new name atop the big 3 manufacturers

I hate to jump right into a fire, but this is messed up. I see a variety of cars in my shop every day. The most common problems: GM, and Ford, plain and simple. Can GM make a fuel pump that won’t fail before 100k. Can Ford make a transmission that won’t need a rebuild before 60k? I deal with this “buy American” notion everyday and it’s crap. Open the hood of your Chrysler. It WILL say Mitsubishi somewhere. If it doesn’t, it says BOSCH. Hmm Japan or Germany. NOT America. Why? Because the UAW is too greedy and screwed the American automaker. Thus it stunted the evolution of technolgy in America. I have owned 5 American 80’s cars and they all pale to my GERMAN 1986 Jetta with 215k on the clock and is STILL up and running with most of the ORIGINAL parts. My '87 Pontiac died at 154k, my '85 Ford rotted apart @ 143k, and my '88 Chevy had no power left at 152k. Though to be fair the '88 Chevy was totalled. I could rant about this forever, but the fact is that Germany and Japan build superior cars. Yes, they cost more to fix, but they aren’t going to need it as often. They do require some more maintainance in some cases, but with proper care will outlast their American counterparts. Why do you think Toyota can add Scion to it’s linup, but GM had to drop Oldsmobile and Chysler had to drop Plymouth. A shrinking American car market. My 1986 Jetta gets 36 mpg highway. A 2008 Cobalt gets 32 mpg highway. Twenty-two years later, we get 4 mpg less? What’s wrong with this picture?