Theres a new name atop the big 3 manufacturers

all my GM’s are still going strong 25 years later… my dads Grand Merq still looks and rides brand new with 135K. its all relative. I totally disagree with them outlasting american cars. i’m not sayin the likewise, i’m saying its all relative on how the car was cared for from the start. low end cars are mostly bought by people who dont take care of their shit and it will fail.

Assuming ur theory of cost more to fix and breaks less often…wouldn’t that still leave you about even in the long run?

GM got a way from its bread and butter and made the market buy what it was selling. Had they stuck with what they did well and developed that we would have a have a nice RWD fuel injected V8 or v6 all through the 90’s. they totally abandoned their best product to try and compete in the same field. It cost them dearly. they also had no car to get traffic into the showroom… in the 80’s they had people come in to look at camaro z28 but couldnt afford it so they left with a caprice…in the 90’s and now there was nothing to draw people in… who was gonna go down to the dealer just to check out that lumina z34?