Things are getting better...

My theory: Gas will go down to 3.50 or so this winter, then climb again to about $5 a gallon for summer, then drop for winter 50 cents again and the loop will continue until a couple yrs from now we hit 7.50-8 bucks a gallon and that I believe will be the breaking point. The prices will steadily rise but every winter when we get that 50 cent “Discount” we will again be tricked into things are getting better and let fuel prices slip to the back or our minds a bit, just as the prices start to climb back up again.

damn you I agree 100% i wanted to post the same shit

this happens everytime I dont know why some of you get fooled still, the prices go up, everyone bitches, they go down a few cents and some people thinks its the beginning of a revolution here “cheap gas for life”

nah man its going down because its gonna shoot up LOL

I also believe in the 7-9 dollar per gallon before the market crashes :smiley:

it’s like 3.99 for 87 at exit 10 cars pile up like a etheopian reuin at a all you can eat buffet

just paid 4.29 for 93 at exit 10 hess. cars are backed up out onto ushers rd in BOTH directions. :wtf

:rofl

i pay whatever sunoco on washington ave across from the campus, or on everett are asking. last week i paid 425 in jersey

ya u really cant get picky with gas prices i jsut pay whatever i dont really care about 50 cents or 1 dollar difference, cuz i dont fill up alot anyways jsut 3-4 gallons

my car usually takes about 8.5 gallons from just above the E line. so I dont really mind spending an extra 10-15 cents to get gas conveniently when it only equates to me spending an extra buck or so.

Actually the reasons that oil prices are dropping include the fact that the price went so high that demand began to drop drastically. Also known as the bubble bursting. Once that happens prices are FORCED to fall. Will gas continue to go up yes. But that is inevitable so we might as well get used to it.

Me being an optimist, I am just happy that prices are going down. It helps those who are maxed out and it also stimulates the economy.

The glass is half full guys.

ok :slight_smile: true

gas is 3.87 a gallon at the mobile across from metro ford but that is only when you pay cash if you pay with a credit card its 3.97 or if you get a car wash you pay 3.79 a gallon. cash/credit :wtf

I filled up Wednesday night for $3.09 a gallon. :ninja

Yeap. Down to 3.80 here. Lovin it.

I do not beleive in the supply and demand thing. If that was the reasoning, they would always have been super high. Realistically if they were oging by supply and demand it should be 30 bucks a gallon, people would still need gas. Its the Gvoernment taxes and the way they are dealing wit the middle east.

Did you konw Iraq even after we “freed” them sold their oil interests to another country. Thanks for the help US, but fuck you.

^ You are very wrong my friend. Very wrong.

It is simple economics. In laymans terms every product sold has a profit threshold. In order to maximize profit you can’t go over or to far under that threshold. You need to basically be in the sweet spot. In the case of gas, prices got to the point that profits for the oil companies started to decrease because people were using less gas due to the price. So they had to lower it in order to keep profits up.

In the month of may alone, people drove 80 MILLION less miles compared to last may. Just to give you an example. That is a LOT of lost revenue for the oil companies if that trend were to continue all year. There is a lot more involved with the price oil other than supply/demand though. The current status of the economy along with speculation are other key factor in the name of oil.

It’s half very simple economics (see above post^^^), half very complicated economics. My economics professors used the oil industry as an example of the most complex global market ever, but like everything it is still primarily constrained by simple supply and demand.

These drops are calculated back to the source of oil and those we are buying oil from. They have us by the ballsack. They are laughing as they do the same things over and over again, drop it 50 cents and then raise it 1.50(remember when gas WAS 1.50?). And stupid us fall for it everytime. Drill here, drill now i’m sick of this bullshit. The price per barrel went from 8.75 or something like that and now all of sudden its 150? Supply and demand my dick.

Alot of scientists are saying in our ocean and in Alaska and throughout the country we have just as much oil as the middle east. ONE platform off of california LEAKS enough oil to fill an oil ship every 5 years. I think that might be a sure bet place to drill?

NYS’s budget is in the pooper right now :confused: idk about national, but the state itself is low on $$$$

stopping hiring office employies, and in the future most likely downsizing…the state employment.

theres a hrd freeze right now. he said downsizing will be the last resort. dont blieve the hype. i heard this from uptop. basically the 2nd 3rd man down, so i know. theyre relocating finances from other local programs first.