Think i need my crank machined? (56k no)

crank had about 40k on it.

well, you had the crank out, i can’t believe you didn’t mic it… It’s case hardened, but still, i would have for peace of mind… I have not built too many motors tho. I am not claiming to be an expert.

plastiguage FTMFW
All parts brand new I’d STILL plastiguage them.

“It’s an import with 40k so it must be okay” FTMFL

drinkcodered.com

EDIT: out of curiosity, did you torque the rod bolts to spec?

silly joe, you act like taking personal loans out for stuff like this is a smart idea.

Motor was never out of the car. swaped out rods and pistons inside the car. and the rod bolts were deffinetly torqued down to spec.

yeah, but the crank was out… idk… it should have been mic’d or at least plastigauged… that’s too much work to just assume it’s ok…

:word: cutting corners is a big no-no. My experience with rebuilding engines has showed me to never assume, when you’re talking thousandths of an inch, it’s not overly difficult for these items to be out of spec.

lmao

Good luck man. Sooner or later you have to run out of bad luck right?

^^^ or $$

2200$ for a built shortblock is not bad at all, considering what you get. idk what u guys are talkin about that think thats high.

regardless, get a solid shortblock in there and the car should run pretty fuckin sweet. obviously building/repairing an engine WITHOUT MACHINING the block/crank is a very bad idea, but you dont need me to tell u that.

gl with take: 3. i know its shitty… thats part of hte game

:tup:

:agree:

$2200 for built Shorty is a pretty good deal…i was looking on Car-part.com and complete low mile motors are going for 3500-6000

used, unopened motors for performance application = :tif:

it’s fine for when your mom’s caravan finally blows the headgasket, but taking a junkyard motor. taking the time to put it in, and expecting it to perform is a bad idear.

used motor stock > blown motor now

Plastigauge is your friend. It looks as if the worng bearings wer used. Always check and re-check clearences.

just buy the damn shortblock and BE DONE. because then you have no more guessing games and no more carnage.

sell the turbo kit recoop debt buy short block sell the fucking car

have to pay to play
when you cheap out, it ends up costing more, every time…

C’mon doc … tell us how you REALY feel …