This CL ad seems legit.

Found a Gsxr 1K listed for cheap locally so I had to inquire further into the sale.

This an email I got back.

Hello ,
Thank you for your interest in buying my husband’s bike. The bike is in showroom condition, no mechanical problems, never involved in any type of accident and the mileage is 15,800.It has a clear title ,it comes with 2 helmets, 2 safety equipments and the price is $2,300.We are selling it because my husband got a new job and he doesn’t have time to ride it anymore.We will use eBay Vehicle Purchase protection to secure this transaction.If you want to buy it provide me with your full name and address so eBay can contact you to provide all the details of this transaction.You won’t be charged with anything and you cancel the transaction if you don’t want to move forward.
Waiting for your reply
Melinda & Mike Larson

So I wrote back that I have cash in hand, just need a picture or two and I’ll drive down and pick it up.

She replies.

Thanks for getting back to me Vlad,
*Because of my husband’s job we don’t have time to stay and meet with all our possible buyers so we decided to sell it online.I can ship it to you for 5 days to inspect it,on my cost. If by any reason, you aren’t satisfied, you can return the bike with no charge.We will be using eBay’s Protection for our safety.Please reply with your name and address if you are interested in this purchase so I can open a transaction at eBay and move forward with this deal.After that they will contact you with all necessary information about this transaction(terms,buyer protection,payment instructions,invoice,etc.).

P.S.I forgot to tell you that it’s located in Omaha NE,also you can call my husband at 402 557 0226.

So I look up where on Earth NE is and find out that it’s dead smack in the middle of America. Which made me wonder why it was listed locally. Then I look up the husbands area code at 402 and it came up two states lower, just above Texas.

Sooo who wants a cheap bike? I hear they ship it for free and it’s got a money back guarantee :lol

I already paypaled them… :confused:

I’d buy it if it came with more than 2 safety equipments

lol you would figure that they would come up with a better scam by now.