Could i get screwed on this Ebay Deal?

I seen this auction for a sled i have been looking for. Now this sled is worth about 9500-10,500 in STOCK Form. But it has a Nice turbo kit on it thats worth about 5k. Catch is that he said E-mail me if your intrested. HE WANTS 2600$ CASH BUY IT NOW! ALL OF THIS FOR A SLED WITH A OVER 10K VALUE!

so I e-mail him as he requested and he sent me back this

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in my 2006 YAMAHA APEX ATTAK 270-HP.The sled is still available and I’m trying to sell it as low as I can to complete the sale fast. The sled is in perfect condition, it has no damage, no scratches or dents on paintwork ,no hidden defects. The buyer will receive the sled along the original invoice and all the documents to register the sled in his name.
The final price for my sled is $2,600. If you agree with this price we can start this transaction.

So look how will proceed.
The shipping is paid by me. All documents, including owner’s manual, clear title and a bill of sale on your name will be provided along with the sled.
The transaction will be made under eBay’s protection plan for our safety. Your funds will be 100% insured by Ebay who will hold your payment until you receive and test the sled. You will have 10 days from the time you receive the sled to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If you are interested in buying it please tell me so I can initiate the deal through eBay and please give me your name and address for shipping purposes.

No monthly payments, no other hidden taxes or anything. Just the price on eBay.
I’m a serious person and I prefer to deal only with a serious buyer.
I look forward to hear back from you soon.

Best regards,
Stanley Rasso

So How could i get Screwed on this?

As far as I know ebay doesnt insure anything with payment and its completely buyer beware.

There are good deals and sometimes great deals but there will always be deals that are too good to be true…this sounds like one of them. If you wanted to know…tell him u want to come pick the sled up in person and pay cash at that time and send him 100 dollar paypal deposit

If he’s going through eBay…I’m not sure.

If it seems too good to be true though, it probably is

I’d go and pick it up.

yeah i e-mailed him tonight and asked him if i could come pick it up…will see what he writes back.

anyway of it being stolen?

bet you he doesnt write back

Stolen I would doubt if he can provide original paperwork. And a turbo’d sled is a rare thing to toss up on ebay if it is stolen…someone would be keeping an eye on that

Good deal better hope its real…

Yep its a scam.

No doubt about it.Don’t bid.He may reply,but it will be that he is busy/out of time and can’t show it to you right now.He’ll tell you that you will be happy and if not you get your money back.

D

def a scam.

Cmon, you really think this is real. I love fuckin with people that sell shitt like this. Tell him your grand parents live close by him and you want to come pick it up and pay for it in person. Then see what he says.

salvage title on the sled?

IT IS A SCAM. Do not buy it. He is pulling one of the oldest eBay scams around. Let me guess it’s a private auction too. The only way I would do it would be through PayPal because they will cover you, other then that send this Auction to eBay and report the scam. Believe me I know ebay very well.

Why would he give you 10 days to inpect it when he wants to get rid of it for so cheap and so fast.Scam.Ebay does not cover shit for money and paypal is not much better unless your elegible for all your money back and not just partial in case he screws you

He Responded…

Hello,

I would like to make this deal with you in person, but right now I’m out of country.
So the only way we can handle this transaction is through ebay.
My intention is to make the transaction trough ebay, thats way I already take care of shipping.
From my side, I prefer to ship the sled on my charge because I have already signed with samskip for the shipping and I see no problem at all if we proceed in this way because I have a return policy (As soon as the item arrives, you will inspect it and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 10 days since the arrival date. In this case I will send you the full amount back and you will send me the item and I will pay the return shipping and insurance.)
So you will make a deposit through ebay, and they will hold the funds until you receive the sled.
The funds are 100% refundable meaning that by any chance you wont like the sled, when you will receive it, you will get you entire sent amount back.
I am sure that this wont be necessary as this is a state of art looking and running and I am 101% sure that you will love it as it looks and as it drives excellent.
So if are interested and agree with this terms, please get back asap as I need to know who will be the new owner of my sled.
Thank you!

so ask him if hed go through paypal? is paypal a safe bet?

Do you honestly believe that this deal is real?

Definately a scam.

scam

no i dont…but if i could get covered in someway from paypal i would do it just to fuck this guy over

scam like a motherfucker