new way to get ripped off?

Ok, so i’m searching for a car, and i come across a mini cooper with 56k miles on it for 3 grand. I figured it would need some kind of work, but e-mailed the guy anyway. this is the response i got.

[FONT=Arial]Hello,

My name is Sgt. Peter J. Mini Cooper is in perfect working condition.This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty.This detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line.The car has only 54,576 miles.

Options
CD player Anti-lock brakes Driver airbag

Passenger airbag Air conditioning Power locks

Power windows

So if you decide on buying the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay’s Express
Purchase Protection program. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until
you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will
release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected.
I signed up for US military forces and I was sent here with my department in Iraq.
I am located in Iraq,but the car is in United States in Wisconsin.
My final price on it is US $3000.
If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping .It will be
shipped from Wisconsin by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything.
You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward
to your place. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your
e-mail your full name and address (street,city,zip,state) where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay.
You will receive all
the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Regards!
P.S. If you need pics just ask!!!

[/FONT] I’ ll send you the car, and you have five days to test drive. In case you dont like the car ill returned you back all the money… there`s no problem to me. If you wish to proceed with the purchase,please provide me your full name, address (street,city,zip,state) so I can initiate the deal through eBay right away.
I look forward to hearing from you.
is standard.
In order to view more pictures please click on the following PhotoBucket http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/james00_album/
As soon as you are ready to move forward,please email me your full name and address (street,city,zip,state) so I can give to eBay and start the transaction.

Thanks

also this was in his signature.

Looking for a car that’s sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

bottom line : if you cant look at the car and touch it don’t buy it, if a deal sounds to good to be true then guess what it probably is , plus these scamers are always coming up with new ways and tricks to try and get peoples money don’t be one of those retards.

lol

i got the same bullshit response about a civic i seen on autotrader about a month ago, i’m sure this will become a trend … sigh

i got almost the exact same email from a guy selling a bike on craigslist, except the bike was in alaska.

this one has been around a little while alreayd

Sounds legit to me, I say go for it.

i have not gotten a response from him after lying and telling him i had a cousin in his area for school that did’nt mind checking it out in person

I have this bridge I’ll see ya.

WTT:Smallpox Blankets

As a 10 year veteran, there is NO!!! “US Air Military Cargo”. Believe me if there was, I would have used it many times. People are using the reputation of the military, and the fact that they have short time tables for deployments as material for these scams. Its a fucking shame, and if I could get 5 minutes in a back alley with these scumbags, they would get a beating to remember, courtesy of the US Military, that service is free.

On a side note, Jeffrey Amherst (as in Amherst, NY) was the first to use biological warfare, using smallpox(blankets) as a weapon against the native americans.

fuck. the town owes me some reparations.

think I can get a tax bill credit?

I have seen this a bagillion times now for a bagillion different cars.

This has been happening for such a long time

^ Agreed

I’d send them a letter! They owe you!!

i dont think you are joking…

Is this the 2002 that is from Florida? I saw it on Craigslist, which has been flagged for removal now.

Yeah that’s the one.

thanks. that’s what i was wondering about most.

I had the same happen, made it sound real safe with that ebay purchase protection program. So I emailed Ebay about it and told them the circumstances. They responded with needing the sellers email, and the emails that were sent to me. About a day or two later, I was informed it was a scam. Just a heads up to everyone.