Scam, or is this guy actually interested?

I threw my car on ebay, and I just got this email today, It doesn’t really sound fishy or anything…just wondering if I’m wasting my time by responding?

Hi, I am really interested in your car, but to tell you the truth I am not sure it is 100% as advertised. I’d like to clear all of those doubts before bidding, and to cover our deal even if it’s going through ebay’s auction system, as my bid is a legally binding contract with you and eBay. I have a checklist contract prepared so I can send it to you and look at it and tell me if it is ok. I need you to review and accept contract terms, so i can move forward winning your auction. Please also let me know if there are any special remarks you need to make that are not included in the respective checklist. I would also like to know if you have anything against me picking up in person. Should the terms be fine with you I would be ready to proceed with a deposit and plan my trip. Also, how would you like payment ? I hope I covered everything. Please excuse my suspicious nature, but I’ve been seeing a lot of scams on eBay lately.

Sincerely,
Joshua Zeklin

Sounds legit to me.

seems legitimate to me

Keep it simple. Just make sure he knows you need FULL payment before he takes the car.

give him an address in Nigeria to send the contracts to :smiley:

make him pay the deposit via paypal and see where this goes.

“checklist contract” :picard:

Sounds sketchy as fuck. If he wants you to sign any sort of legal document tell him to fuck off. Used cars are as-is for a reason…

yeah, i’m going to have him email me the docs and see if there says ANYWHERE that the car can be returned.

Sounds legitimate.

i had this sent to me when i was selling my car on ebay!!!

+1 for sketchy.

and what happened?

The details are overwhelming aren’t they? :roflpicard:

It does sound pretty sketchy. But, it never hurts to ask for the documents and see what they say. (As well as posting them here for us to see!)

He still owns the mustang show car.

I just deleted them idk

He sounds like a legit buyer because I’ve never seen a scammer want to do an in person pickup and give you the option of picking the method of payment.

That said, I’d look at the documents carefully and make sure this guy isn’t looking for a warranty on a used car. Like Fry said, used cars are as is.

Dont sign anything and demand Cash only, should be good to go.

it’s a scam, see:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=371428&page=2

cut and paste wording from another scam is being used

I would also like to know if you have anything against me picking the car up in person. I hope I covered everything.Please excuse my suspicious nature, but I’ve been seeing a lot of scams on eBay lately.

the guy selling other car:

Hey, The deal sounds great. Awfully familiar. I couldn’t wait to cash this one I received on a 930 I was selling. That was until I googled the bank. Real bank. bad check. And yes, its framed in the garage.

Question for you guys, if you were to sell a car and accept a cashier’s check as payment, how would you be able to tell if it is fake or not? Call the bank? What if it is after their hours?

i’ve received a fake cashiers check before, i took it to my bank and they deposited it, then called me back 3 hours later saying it was a bad check.
It was a real bank and everything.

I would NEVER let a car leave my possession unless I had CASH in my hand, or a check that has cleared.

You wouldnt believe how fucking wierd people are on ebay with messages and shit

and lol @ someone tried to actually take the tiger car with a scam