scam on craigslist for 97 kouki - someone play with him

rom: Dave Sawyer (dave.sawyer@msn.com)
Sent: March 11, 2009 3:27:38 AM
To:

Hello and sorry for my late reply,
Thanks for being interested in buying my 1997 240sx SE. This 4 Cyl. 2.4 Liters engine with 5spd manual transmission has only 59500 original miles (about 95750km) and runs very, very smooth. This is a 240sx that starts, stops and drives with absolutely no problems. In addition to driving like a dream, this car is loaded with options. A clean car, e-tested and saftied, non-smoker owned, always garaged and very well babied. It was never raced or abused and it looks like it just came off the assembly line. Clean/clear title, no liens and no accidents history.
Here you can find a lot of pics with the car: http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/mjim452/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)
One other important thing in our deal is that I’m selling it because I’ve just finished the divorce papers with my husband and after the divorce I own this car. Now as a single woman with no driver license I have no use for it and I need to sell it. My final price on it is $3370 (there is no typo). After the divorce I moved back at my parents in Houston, TX and the car is here with me, but don’t worry because I am willing to pay for the shipping taxes and I can send the car to you.
So if you will decide to buy the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. Only after you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. Please get back to me asap and include in your next email your full name and complete address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction, payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you and have a very nice day!
Sincerely, Elizabeth Morris

Same guy tried to sell me a Range Rover lol

Scammers use that exact description all the time. Tired of seeing that exact same email response over and over. You think the retards would at least try to make it look legit and something different…

OLD this was last months news huge thread on it thanks for another warning tho

stupid ass craglist LOL

Old + Repost.

total scam, guy i worked ran into the same thing when he was lookn for a altima

if they would reply them selves there scams would work but nah to much effort

Scam. I have a thread about this ad somewhere.

I don’t think it’s necessarily the same ad you saw somewhere else. It just appear to be a template for car selling scams. I see these everywhere for all kinds of cars, always that exact same description and email response.

http://webhollis.com/albums/Funny-Forum/OldThread.jpg

lol ^hahaha

yeah. scammers…I replied to that same ad as well, and got the same response. Whats funny was that the name of the email replying was different from the name on the end of the reply. lol.
Also inquired about a 350z for $6,500 and dude said he was in the canadian army in Iraq and the car was in Seattle?? lol same format all the time…

some one should message them and say that they live are going to dallas for work and can come check the car out next week.

fuck e-bay.

WAAAIIT i got an idea you know those emails you get for ppl requesting to buy things in the form of Cashiers cheque, and they ask to send more amount and ask for the balance to be sent back…

why dont we all spam this person with that request lol

There’s no real point. If you say something like you wanna see the car first then they just won’t reply.

Yeah, last summer when I was trying to sell my s14 I had someone “interested” in buying it from AFRICA (saying he lived in the States)… All his mails had horrible grammar and spelling. He then eventually started to call me on my cell phone (the number was in that ad of my car)… I got NAILED with long distance incoming calls from fucking Nigeria…

Get this… eventually I thought the guy was legit, he actually mailed me a bank cheque (can’t remember what they’re called - not a personal cheque) for the car… Mind you, when i received it, it looked fishy b/c no one had signed the cheque, not him nor the bank…

ANNYSHWAYs, I took the cheque to my buddy at CIBC and he said it was indeed a fake, but was the best fake cheque he had seen ever… Full on holograph, watermarks, the hole 9 yards…

People are mad desperate. Can’t believe someone went through the hassle of mailed a full on cheque and letter…

People are fishy out there…