Scam?

So I was lurking through the classifieds on kijiji a couple of days ago and came across a '97 240sx for only 2970, and I was like wtf, why is it so cheap. So what I did was is I messaged the seller about the price being so low and if anything was wrong with it. And then the guy sends me this:

Hello and sorry for my late reply,
Thanks for being interested in buying my 1997 240sx SE. This 4 Cyl. 2.4 Liters engine with manual transmission has only 59500 original miles (about 95750km) and runs very, very smooth. This is a 240sx that starts, stops and drives with absolutely no problems. In addition to driving like a dream, this car is loaded with options. A clean car, one owner, non-smoker owned, always garaged and very well babied. It was never raced or abused and it looks like it just came off the assembly line. Clean/clear title, no liens and no accidents history.
Here you can find a lot of pics with the car: http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/mjim452/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)
One other important thing in our deal is that I’m selling it because I’ve just finished the divorce papers with my husband and after the divorce I own this car. Now as a single woman with no driver license I have no use for it and I need to sell it. My final price on it is $2970 (there is no typo). After the divorce I moved back at my parents in San Francisco, CA and the car is here with me, but don’t worry because I am willing to pay for the shipping taxes and I can send the car to you.
So if you will decide to buy the car, I want the deal closed only through eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. Only after you receive the car and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. Please get back to me asap and include in your next email your full name and complete address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction, payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you and have a very nice day!

here are the pictures of the car that she sent me:
http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh74/mjim452/

By the looks of the reply it is definately a scam. And I basicly told him to F off in a nice way, and that no one in their mind will pay a stranger for a car that they never even seen before, especially over the net. So I was just wondering if anyone here had any experiences with these type of things?

P.S. The person that made the ad on kijiji took it off right after i messaged him.

Scam.

big time i got the same email

Kinda sad if you have to ask…

Im not really asking just sharing, i mean i knew it was a scam just by looking at the ad.

i actually emailed the guy to! lol saw the add the other day. got the exact same reply lol totally a scam!

haha when i walked into work my friend was like “there’s a car just like yours for under $3k”…as soon as he said that i needed to hear no more…

told him it was 100% a scam…emailed the “girl” and got the same auto-response.

if you’re going to writeup a scam ad like that, at least make it believeable:

$5500, tiny bit of rust on one of the quarter panels, A/C doesn’t work…needs a little bit of work on the ________ (insert random part here)…

come on now…

^^ ill remeber that for next time i try to scam

Haha, Yah. there was another that I looked into a while back, I emailed the guy and he told me that he lived in England now, but the car was in Saskatchewan, and he was willing to ship it to me if I spent him money through western union, complete scam.

Cars get listed like this with the exact same auto response all the time. Sometime it’s not a scam (although in these cases they don’t give the car the amazing praise that the fakes do) and people just don’t realize the value of the car, so a quick email and a reply usual answers the question.

some guy did the same thing to me when i was going to buy a bike, he eamild me pics of the wrong bike lol and then told me as soon as he got payment he would send it for shipping, i replyed and said to ship it and as soon as i got it i would send paymet and i never heard from him again lol

i msged someone for a 2007 jetta alsmost same response i saw it for really cheap like couple thousand cant remember exactly how much under 8 though, and i got a emial saying i just finished a divorce im in the u.s. now so that is why the car is for sale for so cheap and it said the same crap ebay protection plan lol.

Ha big time scam. I even called the person out before. They were like the car is located in Washington but I will ship it. I was like oh no way I am currently in Washington I would like to come see it lmao. no reply. lmao

if it sounds too good to be true it usually is except if the dude is from Nigeria then its legit

theres a new supra every week on there with the same shit 45000 car for 5500

lol

lol, i dont even know why they waste their time making these ridiculous scams, because it’s just too obvious to tell if its fake or not. If they plan on scaming people, they have to do a much better job than that.

“runs very, very smooth. This is a 240sx that starts, stops and drives with absolutely no problems. In addition to driving like a dream, this car is loaded with options. A clean car, one owner, non-smoker owned, always garaged and very well babied. It was never raced or abused and it looks like it just came off the assembly line. Clean/clear title, no liens and no accidents history…” it drives like a dream cause it doesnt fucking exist…

sounds like a board retired car sales person, good line tho lol im gonna use this when im ready to sell my s14! i should get lots of calls…lol

^^^ haha gotta love scammers. I was thinking of sending back an e-mail and say WOW this must be my lucky day I’m in San Francisco, CA right now. Can I come see the car? I wonder if they would reply, hahah

if you have to come on here to ask if it sounds like a scam, its a scam. lets use our heads team! :slight_smile: