well i got screwed good this time. read for your safty :)

Well i bought a turbo off ebay. the guy was supper nice and emailed me all the time. we even talked about are setups and what not (he has a honda) anways he didnt have paypal so i sent him money via money order. he called me the day he got it and told me he was going to cash it the next day and send my turbo out. the next day he sent me a email saying he cased it and would send the turbo out the next day… that was the last email for over 3 weeks now. I have tryed to call him left msg’s on his phone, paged him, send alot of email. he lives in florda so i am not going to his house of coures but i would if i could haha.

Anyways i just lost $500 and have no turbo. so this turbo is going to cost me over 1G in the end…

anyways to make sure this does not happen to you: if you have to send a money order make sure you pay for it with a CC and not use cash or debit so that if you dont get it you can call your CC company and they can refund you.

I hope i can help someone with my loos.

Wow that sucks…

Do you have the guy’s eBay account info?

Perhaps he has the flu and isn’t able to get on his computer. :dunno:

Yea… I hear the “Ijustscored5billsflu” is really dangerous this time of year. Report him still, but I guess there’s not much you can do now. I try to only buy from people that have a huge amount of feedbacks.

Feedback is key, you can get 500 people to give you false info lol. Other then that before paying get his info and make sure its correct. And use some form of payment that has fraud protection.

I repored it to ebay… i can get up to 175usd back. it was 320usd that i lost so its only 410cnd right now with exchange…

He cancled his ebay account. it says he is not a user anymore.

This was the aution that i did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8012337233&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3ACA%3A1

and he is on http://honda-tech.com username: Sonic_type-r
I joined to warn them but it wont let me make posts.

i have the guys Phone # and adress if anyone is going to florda and wants to swing buy his house i hear Panama City has a nice beach.

you have to have 5 posts i belive before you are allowed to start topics on honda tech

Justin, Would his name be Perry Johnson, Perry Oakly or PJ by Any Chance?

I think thats the same fag that punked me for my origional T3/T4.

No his name is jason simmons. Did you get screwed over ebay as well?

I too got scammed like this 3 years ago. Never ever pay for anything with money order, its such a pain in the ass to get your money back even if you use CC. Paypal it or nothing.

This is why I have given up on purchasing off ebay or boards out of the province anymore. I was screwed by company in the states last winter with oil lines. They sent me wrong set, took 1.5 months when I payed for USPS 10-day. 150 bucks down the drain and I ended up going to Cisco like I should have.

Be carefull who you buy from. Sorry to hear about this Justin, the asshole will get whats coming to him eventually.

Andrew.

I feel lucky becaues I’ve bought crap load of stuff off eBay for my car
and I’ve yet to be screwed. :dunno:

I’ve even bought sevearal stuff off others in the states privately and
I’ve never been screwed by the risk.

I hope others don’t get scared because of this. If you’re buying off eBay,
make your decision based on person’s feedback. If it’s privately (eg.
another msg board) then look for seller feedback or search the board.

Well just an update.

I contacted the Panama police via email with all the info about this guy and what he did.
When i got home form work today i had a email back form them saying that they were taking the case serously and want to talk to me or we can talk by email.

anyways just now 9pm. The brother of this guys called me up and asked if i called the police and said they when to the guy’s work and threated to arest him and if he didnt get this solved they were going to come back and arest the guy!! So he wants to send a full refund back to me so he dosnt get arested!

The Panama police in flordia rock!

Tell them you never got no money. Let them arrest his cheatin thievin ass.

naa what goes around comes around… The guy must of just pissed him self when the cops showed up to his work.

thats wicked… let us know if you get your $$ back

Hahahahaha!! OWNED!!!

The brother called me back and wanted to konw if i was still intrested in the turbo and if i wanted it still… (i do its a crazy price) so I himed and what not and said ok but i want a tracking # tomorro or else i am going to have to press charges hes like ok ok np it will be sent out tomorro hehe.

haha sick sick

Make sure you send the cops a Xmas holiday card, for their trouble.

It’s an investment, so that you can have peace of mind when you buy from that side of Florida.

A small $5 card can go a long way.

I second this.

Even if it never happens to you again, they’ll know that you dont them them for granted and they’d be more likely to help someone else out in your situation.