Has anyone ever been ripped off on E-bay?

I think I just got scammed on e-bay. I was the high bid on an ACT 6 puck clutch. Sent the money order out Friday dec 19th. The person Im buying off of also lives in PA out by west chester. The last time i was e-mailed was dec 24th. When she had said she still had not recieved the money order. Now, i have not received another email since then. So like its been 11 days with no response from her. The reason im not sure what to do is because the email address was that of a college. (blahblah@somecollege.edu) Is it possible that she hasnt checked her mail because the school is shut down for the holidays? And i know the mail would have been delayed because i sent it out on a friday, so that means saturday and sunday it didnt move. Then 2 days later the post office was shut down for x-mas. Ugh… i dunno, fuck e-bay.

How was “her” feedback? If it was over 75 or so good and no bad then I think you still might get it. Other wise its just a shot in the dark on there sometimes. :mad:

Originally posted by VictorSmalls
How was “her” feedback? If it was over 75 or so good and no bad then I think you still might get it. Other wise its just a shot in the dark on there sometimes. :mad:

no feedback “she” just signed up in november… but i figured since the address was in PA i could drive there in case i got scammed and kick some ass.

i donno then man, sounds like it could go south. We can make a pittspeed meet out of it and get everyone together and burn her house down. :smiley:

i got ripped off ,i tried to bye my mother a gift and it never came

did you report it to the ebay “safeharbor”?
I’m just not sure of the next proper action i should take. Im giving her till tuesday, if i hear nothing…then im reporting it to ebay. If they do nothing, im driving to Cochranville, PA.

i cancelled the credit card transaction first…that will get het attention

Originally posted by 1320
did you report it to the ebay “safeharbor”?
I’m just not sure of the next proper action i should take. Im giving her till tuesday, if i hear nothing…then im reporting it to ebay. If they do nothing, im driving to Cochranville, PA.

we can go out take in an auction pic up some car smack the bitch & come back!!!:bash:

sounds like fun…i am in if you go

Originally posted by slowcamaro
i cancelled the credit card transaction first…that will get het attention

Hey thats a good first step…if he would have used a credit card and not a money order… :pat:

^^^^WTF^^^^ I used the “pat” smily and it came up like that???

:eek3:

the puke smily comes up like that as well. Sorry to jack your post kolar. :smiley: :wink:

not like that but i won this auction for a 1/24 golf for .99 and after s&h i owe him 19.65 so im debateing not even sending the money fuck him so yea i think i got riped off

Originally posted by snowhitegolf95
not like that but i won this auction for a 1/24 golf for .99 and after s&h i owe him 19.65 so im debateing not even sending the money fuck him so yea i think i got riped off

A little extra “handling” charge to make up for the fact that he didnt set a reserve.

1320… if you report to Safeharbor it will take a damn long time for them to process it. I bought a book on Half.com… the chick said she sent it out , but said I never paid for insurance… but the girl NEVER sent me a tracking number… I filled a complaint at almost the beginning of my last sememster of school… and I got the cash back at like the end. but this payment was THRU half.com

Its always better to use Ebays bidpay thing THEY have set up… if she didnt want to use it move on… You can also check up and see if the money order ever got cashed also… take it to the place that you got the order at and get it checked… if it hasnt been cashed then tell them to cancel it. They usualy will no cost… I had to do this years ago when I sent a money order out for a tranny… the guy never got it, it somehow got lost in the mail and ended up a state away on accident…

So monday check if its been cahsed… the earlier the better.

kolar nicole tried to buy me authentic ITR floor mats and got those cheaps type r mats…but we got her money back I just was a keyboard warrior and bitch up a storm plus it was from a business

take it to judge judy

well i still have the reciept for the M.O. which has a web address. It says they can check to see if it was cashed. So ima try that monday morning. We’ll see what happens from there.

well you better get on it firdst thing in the morning

well, i checked my email this morning…it contined this.

Jonathan,

I apoligize for the delay in getting back to you. I access my email
from work and for the past week the email system has been down. Your
money order was received in the middle of last week. The clutch was
sent out on Friday. You can expect it in 7 to 10 business days.

Sorry Again,
Michele

Well, lets see if it actually shows up now.
:0

Originally posted by 1320
no feedback “she” just signed up in november… but i figured since the address was in PA i could drive there in case i got scammed and kick some ass.

contact ebay

its a legal binding contract

someone tired to scam me on a set of wheel contact ebay and they went after them

next week i had the wheels