This Doesn't Bode Well for Our Southern States

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/business/050630/b0630102.html

He said Nissan and Honda have encountered difficulties getting new plants up to full production in recent years in Mississippi and Alabama due to an untrained - and often illiterate - workforce. In Alabama, trainers had to use “pictorials” to teach some illiterate workers how to use high-tech plant equipment.

“The educational level and the skill level of the people down there is so much lower than it is in Ontario,” Fedchun said."

hahaha

damned slack jawed yokels.

and is anyone surprised?

Sadly no…

sometimes i wish the north would have lost the war, and there would have been a north and south usa.

this one guy i used to work with at my old job, his friend got a job down in florida working for some big company. When he went down there they told him his biggest problem is going to be working with his coworkers. Since he was from NY he would be used to working a lot fast then people there, so they told him not to get completely frustrated when they went slow as hell.

Any decent road trip below pittsburgh or so could have confirmed that one for ya :biglaugh:

uuum … how did they NOT see this coming ? dont companies check census reports for the area they are considering setting up shop in ?

they would have been better off retraining people on general life skills BEFORE the plant even opened … if you litteraly have to draw someone a damn picture so they can operate a machine … your screwed

i can’t wait to take my NYS counseling shit down there and show them what’s up

<— ah gawts the learnin

so sad it is. I was born in virginia and go back every once in a while and it does seem like that.

They would have been the butt end of every joke, giving the Polish some rest :lol:

X…

For some places that is true, but not all. Atleast our city gov’t here in Charlotte isn’t fucking backwards and bankrupt, i.e. Buffalo.

I miss Buffalo, a bit, but come on, its going nowhere.

I asssure you that Mississippi and Alabama is not indicitave of the entire south. Those of you who know 315ers understand that there are a few toothless idiots who have sex with their kin, and they ruin the entire area’s reputation.

But Tennessee and West Virginia are kinda backwards too.

you mean red states are full of stupid people?
WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!!11111one

^ahahaha

Beat me to it. Arent the VW’s that were built in mexico shotty too? Probably a similiar situation i would imagine.

When you think of Mexico, do you think of a thriving literate nation or a nation of cheap labor? I think what you are referring to is just plain old outsourcing for cheaper labor.