this is one sick setup

View Mmfp 0801 01 Z+twin Turbo Compound Boost 2003 Mustang Cobra+turbo - Photo 8913296 from Compound Boost 2003 Mustang Cobra Twin-Turbo - The Manhattan Project

oh wow

very cool.

I’ll bet it’ll surprise owners of modded S/C Cobras. Looks fairly stock underhood. :naughty:

heres the link to the story

I wish i knew more about those dynamics to understand how that setup is so efficient… amazing.

that has to be one hell of an intercooler… and have one hell of an after cooler. i didnt read to far into it but how much boost is it putting down?

eh i dont know about that setup…seems like “cool factor” instead of efficiency. probly the same power levels could be made with twins only.

with the charger, i expected to see more low end power…a flatter power curve since the blower would have more boost at lower rpms, and no waiting for the twins to spool.

That’s one way to chew the ass out of pretty much any car you line up with I suppose… :slight_smile:

spin spin spin

Urist ran the twins to 27 psi. Normally, this twin-turbo size would be too big for a 4.6 engine, but thanks to the Eaton blower, they operated efficiently and spooled up quickly. Compounding the 27 psi is the job of a factory Eaton M112 supercharger with stock pulleys. Urist has played a lot with supercharger pulleys, and the stock ones were used for this test. He said he could mix and match different pulleys to get various compounding results. Continuing R&D on this system has already shown 65 psi of boost when the blower pulleys have been swapped

65 psi something is bound to go

Fuck…insanity…looks like a project Tim The Toolman tayler would do.

:rofl:

looks pretty sweet tho for a ford :wink:

WOW… Me Likey :slight_smile:

cool thats interesting how the superchargers help the turbos… only thing that can take 65 psi is probly top fuel dragster or a supra

stock bottom end :nuts:

105* intake temps :nuts:

Don’t forget Diesels! The Dizzy guys have been putting SC’s and Turbos onto rigs for decades. Also, turbos that blow their boost into the intake of a second set of turbos. Those guys see 100+ psi.

Now, I do have to wonder how the hell that thing stays together at 65psi. What are the '03-04 Cobra guys that have swapped to TTs hitting? I understand the setup can be more efficient, but cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. Is anybody reliably putting 40+ psi (no matter how they get it) through a factory block?

And then there’s this…

Either way, pretty awesome tech and build. I give it the :bigthumb:

-TJ

yeah forgot about the diesel…just crazy!

and i dont think they ran 65 pis on that motor. it probly was proven to run 65psi on something else, or theoretically i’m not sure. there is no way in HELL that motor could handle 65psi.

27 psi made 1100whp… 65 would make for one hell of a grenade

Regular TT setups on Terminators are 15-23 PSI, usually.