this is one sick setup

There are many, many cars I’m jealous of. However, that is not one of them. And not just cuz it’s a FERD (though that would normally be enough too). I have no desire to have to run race fuel in a useless street car. So I’ll get like 10mpg at $5-10/gallon (not sure exactly what fuel they run).

The idea/tech is cool, but like I pointed out before Dizzy guys have been putting turbos and superchargers on the same engine for decades. So it’s really “nothing new.”

I know I’m biased, but I wouldn’t really want anything FI. It’s more weight out on the noise (those turbos hanging waaaaaaay out at the front of the car will seriously hurt handling), it’s a ton of complexity, and it’s a lot of heat that I don’t want to deal with for how I use a car. Again, I’m not everybody but you called me jealous… so I’m explaining how wrong you are. :wink: :slight_smile: :tool:

If I wanted more HP then I could ever hook on the street I’d just build a nice stout 414cui L92 based motor that could do mid 500 RWHP NA and be dead reliable and useable on the road course. Then I’d spray the piss out of it w/ a few stages of N20 and I’m sure I could blow the tires off at will. Will I make 1200RWHP to match this Cobra? NO. Does it matter? NO.

Surely easier/cheaper than all the other work already into the car, so I’m not sure why they didn’t just go ahead and do it. But if you’re going to do all that, why even start w/ a '03-04 Cobra?

My point wasn’t that the car isn’t pretty neat, cuz it is. But it is useless as I said before.

-TJ