This is why you get every agrement in writing...

As some of you know, I race snocross professionally… The past year I raced for a team called “cycle worx” out of Little falls, NY
Polaris set everything up and alotted cycle worx 12 snowmobiles for nothing, along with parts allowence and free clothing.
Now the reason Polaris gave these many sleds is becasue of mine and my brothers past achievements. Before the season both me and my brother agreed with cycleworx that at the end of the season we would be allowed to sell one snowmobile at the end of the year. Verbal aggrement right?

Fast forward to this week, Both me and my brother sign with a differnt team which is a lot better ride, cycleworx completly understands and we leave on good terms… Good right?
I end up selling my snowmobile for $5,000. Well we recieve a phone call from one of the teams friends stating that both me and my brother are not allowed to sell said snowmobiles, and they will send somone to pick up the sleds today.
We have no leg to stand on because “cycleworx” has the MSO of the sleds at their house. (mso is basicly like a title for the sled)
So me and my brother are out 5 grand each.
All we needed was a signed contract saying we get to keep the sleds, we never did that because we thought a handshake was enough.

Just goes to show you, NEVER trust anyone.
Oh yeah, And get everything in writting.

shoot the person that comes to get the sled.

you might be able to hold up the verbal agreement in court. not EVERYTHING need to be in writing.

[quote=“SHOtime,post:3,topic:36100"”]

you might be able to hold up the verbal agreement in court. not EVERYTHING need to be in writing.

[/quote]

Yeah, but i think going to court wou;d be a waste of time/money
and they still hold the mso and it’s in their name soo I’m screwed pretty much

A verbal agreement by two parties over the age of 18 is considered a legal contract in NYS. Just an FYI, anyone there to witness the conversation that took place?

How did you sell the sleds without the MSO’s???

thats what i’d like to know

Yep, that’ll get ya every time when you sell stuff that isn’t yours.

It sucks that they broke your verbal agreement, but what was a verbal agreement to you may have just been an off-the-cuff “we’ll think about it” to them.

Sled - $5000 dollars
Winter of Professional Racing - +$500,000 dollars
Learning that verbal contracts don’t apply to publicly registered property - Priceless

[quote=“OneFastMonkey,post:6,topic:36100"”]

How did you sell the sleds without the MSO’s???

[/quote]

:word:

That blows tho. But at least you’ve learned a valuable lesson and your not necessarily getting screwed out of $5000 of your own money.

that sucks man :tdown:

I’m surprised that you haven’t been thorough this type of thing before with all the cars you’ve owned.

I got fucked by a dealer once… then learned to get EVERYTHING in writing.

g/l

The sled was not sold yet, the guy was coming from michigan next week and I emailed the team to send me the mso so i could sell it

gotcha. and that’s when they turned all gay.

:tdown:

They broke the deal now break the sled, blow the engine on the sled, wear the track down to nothing, blow the shocks out, do whatever you can to break it but not make it look like deliberate, just subtle “end of season broken problems haha”

Basically give them a beat up piece of shit and a good ol fuck you.

[quote=“dirtye30,post:2,topic:36100"”]

shoot the person that comes to get the sled.

[/quote]

what he said

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:4,topic:36100"”]

and they still hold the mso and it’s in their name soo I’m screwed pretty much

[/quote]

FTL.

[quote=“AfXtc777,post:5,topic:36100"”]

A verbal agreement by two parties over the age of 18 is considered a legal contract in NYS. Just an FYI, anyone there to witness the conversation that took place?

[/quote]

lol, have fun enforcing that. been there, done it.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:13,topic:36100"”]

They broke the deal now break the sled, blow the engine on the sled, wear the track down to nothing, blow the shocks out, do whatever you can to break it but not make it look like deliberate, just subtle “end of season broken problems haha”

Basically give them a beat up piece of shit and a good ol fuck you.

[/quote]

Or mix in 2 gallons of 87 octane with 1/2 gallon of mixed 110 race fuel to retain color:headbang:
can you say ouch?

[quote=“BikerFry,post:8,topic:36100"”]

Yep, that’ll get ya every time when you sell stuff that isn’t yours.

It sucks that they broke your verbal agreement, but what was a verbal agreement to you may have just been an off-the-cuff “we’ll think about it” to them.

Sled - $5000 dollars
Winter of Professional Racing - +$500,000 dollars
Learning that verbal contracts don’t apply to publicly registered property - Priceless

[/quote]

:lol: I think I am the only one that got that

how are you out 5k? it was not yours…

[quote=“Anonymity,post:18,topic:36100"”]

how are you out 5k? it was not yours…

[/quote]

[quote=“Nikuk,post:15,topic:36100"”]

FTL.

lol, have fun enforcing that. been there, done it.

[/quote]

hence why I asked for witness’s…

if it was him, his brother and the company well obviously it is not going to hold up…