i just got f*cked. what can i do?

i made a deal at a car dealership for a vehicle yesterday. it was a verbal deal. i offered to leave a desposit but the salesman assured me there was no need the vehicle was mine. i had a witness aswell. this afternoon i go to settle up and im told another salesman already sold the vehicle and basically im shit outta luck. needless to say i am pissed off to no end and i want to take this further if i can. is there any legal action i can take or am i screwed?

lol… a “verbal deal” with a car salesman.

u got screwed… and there’s nothing u can do about it.

let it go.

You’re pretty much effed. Proving a verbal contract is stupid hard. Especially with a car salesman.

B-Wurm :smiley:

then theres only one thing left to do

What’s that?

What’s that?[/quote]

masturbate and forget it :lol:

Look at the bright side of it.

At least you didn’t leave a deposit on it…that way you would have likely lost that money as well. Unless you would have got a receipt for it.

When I was looking to buy an A4 I called up this dealership to see if the car was still there and available. I asked if I could come and take it for a test drive in the evening after work. The guy agreed to it and I was supposed to be there at 6.

I get there and the showroom is closed. Then Andrew (Iquabob) was driving through the plaza and we went to Subway and got some subs.
Upon getting back the guy is all bitchy bacause I’m “late”. So I say, listen I was here at 5 after 6, It’s now 6:30, your’e the one who is late.
I look at the car some more for about 15 minutes, and the guy is staying away to make sure I do not ask any questions. Finally I go up to him and ask if he is ready to go for a drive. He looks at me as if confused, and says, “we don’t take cars for test drives.”
I laugh.
Then realize he is serious. So then I ask if i can at least start it up for a couple of seconds to verify that it actually runs. That is not do-able either.
So I ask him how he sells any cars.
His answer was as follows: “You don’t need to worry about how I sell cars, but we have never been asked for a test drive before, and have never gone on one.”

At this point I leave.

The same day I asked Andrei (Drift_Ready_180sx) to call in about a different car they had there and ask for a test drive. Sure enough the guy says yes.

DealershiTs suck balls.

Even with the Subaru, the guy refused to get the car cleaned profesionally. Even though that was the agreement. Well he saved about $100-150 good for him.

How would you not get a receipt on a deposit? Either way, give his manager shit. If it’s a new car, they should be able to get you the same thing anyway, if not, then I guess you are screwed.

this wasnt some joe bloe dealership, it was an acura dealership. i did not lose any money but i lost a damn nice vehicle. wont find another in that shape

what acura dealer? im guessing the car was used then, what was it if you dont mind me asking? even if you complain to the manager that not going to get you anywhere, the cars still gone.

Same thing happened to me, nothing you can do.

Should have left a deposit. dont take anyones word on anything, the reason the car was sold under you is Im sure someone else offered a higher price.

always insist on leaving a deposit. Just chalk this up to experience. I almost lost a car because of this too.

What’s that?[/quote]

:rofl: You obviously don’t know Alex.

ok so, what was this car ?

Which Acura dealer was it?

u getting a rsx? 3.2tl? wat kinda used car were u looking at?

erin mills acura. vehicle was a toyota 4runner

AAAAa Alex is going to cause some Shit,

Im there to back ya up brother

haha thanks benson. maybe it was for a reason though. i found another one and its nicer.

my new truck

http://www3.sympatico.ca/aeyres/4runner.JPG

I’d hit that truck!