This is why you shouldn't bring your car to Canadian Tire.

Was working and I saw this today, ran out to take some pics, sorry for the crappy quality. My phone blows.

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Misc%20Pics/Fire1.jpg

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Misc%20Pics/Fire2.jpg

http://jammin.jshost.ca/mark/Misc%20Pics/Fire3.jpg

All I have to say about this is that’s a pretty hot Jaguar.

lol someones fired

My vert was in that shop getting a manual swap when that fire happened lol.

My buddy who works there said that the Jag owner drove in off the highway, ran into the shop and said, I think my car is on fire. It was a nice '04 Jag XJ8. The guys working tried to put the fire out with fire extinguishers and shit but it was too outta control. Then the fire dept showed up and put out the fire.

haha ramesh, the guy drove there and said he thought his car is on fire?

The guys there were probably like, “Oh, it’s a normal thing for a Jaguar.”

where are those fire extinguishers ricers have on their A-pillars when you need one.

Honestly… ricer or not, having a fire extinguiser is a good idea. I’ve seen over a handful of videos (hah, all VWs too) where oil lines have broken or blew open and the hot oil hits the manifold/turbo and the flames start and your car burns burns burns!

That’s true. I do keep one in my car most of the time but it’s twice the size of the “a-pillar” ones. I think most of those A-pillar ones are probably fake or empty.

Most people get it for show I’d say. :slight_smile:

true.

i was lucky enough to have a half bottle of water last winter when the starter wiring on my winter beater ignited… the water was just enough to sizzle it out.

those are some decent quality pics from ur phone~~

Hahahaha nice one marky

Were they having a fire sale?

^Hahaha nice!
Do you guys ever get Crappy Tire calling you? I’ve had them call me once, asking for feedback on “work I had done on my car there”. I told them I don’t know where they get their info, but I’ve never taken my car to CT, the only reason they have my phone # is tool rental. And then they called again yesterday… Same shit. Next time I’m just gonna lie and say they did a shit job :lol:

If you know guys at CT it works out to be pretty convenient.

A couple guys on here Bobby (ViZion) and Dave work at a local CT and it’s a great resource since they are open on days where most other places are not (ie. yesterday’s civic holiday).

I needed tires mounted bad and since i knew dudes in the service dept. it works out.

It’s strange though, there often pretty capable guys in the service dept. but in the case of the CT i’m referring to its the guys at the desk that handle the work orders that are a bit out of touch.

I also hate how they ask for that phone number stuff. never got a call though.

You should tell them: “You guys are so fucking clueless, you don’t even know why I’ve been in your store for?!” Cause that’s what they are… clueless.

nah, it’s way more fun to screw with them.

Talk to them in an incredibly thick and indiscernable accent and ramble on about nothing for like 25 minutes until they hang up.

I work at partsource at speers and dorval and kerr street canadian tire called me to ask if heater hose would be ok for fuel line…

wow haha i have a buddy whos an appertice there… im looking for one just not there lol , but hey there store atleast has some stuff for cheap well tools and such they seem to be pretty " HOT" items there u kno… lol