this sucks ( lol )

well my check engine light came on about 3 weeks ago and i couldnt find out what was wrong so i brought it into a shop and they told me that i had a vaccume problem … so that would be my intake right or my intake manifold so thet reset the engine light and i took a look to see if i could find any holes but i couldnt so 2 days ago i wasd flying down the high way at like 140 when i heard a buzzing sound so i slowed down then it went away so i speed up but it didnt come back so on thw way back down the high way the engine light came on again and there is no fucking way im paying a nother 85$ for nothing so what could my problem be i drive a 95 240sx s14 with a ka non turbo i have a short ram intake n it but i have had that intake on for about 6 months with no problem i have even taken it down to calgary a few time and no engine ever came on so if u guys could give me a few places to look for a problem that would be great

were is the vaccume sensor
what makes the vaccum

The pistons moving up and down make vacuum. Look for a leak, with your eyes or your ears and a can of carb cleaner.

my 95 did the exact same thing to me. i took it into nissan and they told me it could have been something as small as not putting the gas cap on tight enough or possibly just an o2 sensor.a week or so later it happened again, they told me not to worry about it since it doesnt affect the driveability of they car. so i did just that and it went away on its own. it came and went periodically, but never caused me any problems.i had an injen CAI and an exhaust, but i say if it doesnt affect the way the car runs i wouldn`t worry about it too much.

ya well nothing seems wrong but i went out on the high way again today and right at 140km\h u can hear kind of a buzzing sound like a sensor under the dash is going off it is very quite tho i can barley hear it i tred to see were it was but i almost drove off the road what could be casueing this noise it goes away when i go down to 130km \k i havent tryed going over 140 km\h yet jus incase same thing goes wrong

i had a problem like that but without the noise, it turned out to be my knock sensor, it just went away after awhile, could be like that maybe, or maybe not

what is a knock sensor and where is it and what does it do my engine light went off today tho

A knock sensor detects vibrations that are supposed to be signs of abnormal combustion. It’s screwed into the block, above halfway on the side.

Yeah a knock sensor contains a crystal that creates a voltage when virbrated. What it does is your computer tries to advance your timing as far as possible for more efficient running. But when it advances too far it will knock, or ping. The knock sensor reads this then retards the timing to where it won’t knock anymore.