Thought the PS3 wouldn't sell on eBay?

WOW. people are absolutely insane. Give it 4-5 months, it will be $ 600 available everywhere. BUT, why not spend $ 2k and blow your money on stupid things.

I wonder if it ever occured to the people paying this $, that they could buy a 360 now (or a helluva lotta games if they already have one), a Wii in 2 months, and then a PS3 in a couple more months, and STILL have $ left over. idiots.

Most of the people who would spend 2k on a PS3 have the disposable income so they don’t care. To them the difference between $600 and $2000 is like saying, “Yeah, for 35 cents I’ll supersize that”.

:word: ,
Kid : daddy daddy I want one,
Dad: alright just go grab some of our toilet paper made of those pesky hundreds

walmart doesnt do pre-order im already prepared to start camping at around 6pm

I honestly think that the PS3, after seeing the final specs and shit, is actually going to be a decent gaming system (despite all the rumors and shit I’ve read about it). Still wont buy one though as I could spend that 600.00 better elsewhere :stuck_out_tongue: but still looks decent. I’d like to see one in action

one sold for 3,200

Another Link

jesus thats some cash

Haha, wonder how many people aren’t getting their PS3 off e-bay now. :lol:

“those who had a preorder but are denied a system on day one will receive something for their troubles. GameStop will give those unfortunate customers (as well as unfortunate employees) a free used game or DVD valued at $19.99 or less when they eventually wind up purchasing the system.”

that is kind of a shitty offering for those who were denied. only 19.99?

i have not got a call yet

I got an e-mail at my store and it said we were getting 30 2o gig systems…no mention of 60 gig systems what so ever… i dont think were even going to get them. F.Y.E. is so lame

Why can’t stores raise the price on such preorders to reflect “market value”. If people are willing to pay over $2,000 for the thing, why not add a +$500 market value correction? Is it legal? It would be no different than car dealerships selling cars over MSRP…

thats called price gouging…I think Sony sets the Suggested retail price and Retail Stores arnt supposed to go over that…Most of the eBay ones are Pre-Order Tickets that have been purchased for Retail Price

bump

one just sold for 15000 to a guy in the uk…from what ive heard i think there not getting them till spring…thats nuts

Because of the free publicity. Market value vs. free advertizing take your pick. It the units had an MSRP of $2,000 they would not sell as well. Mom and Dad are not going to shell out that much cash for them!!! The $600.00 support price for the system is still high. JUST WAIT FOR THE 2ND OFFERING IF YOU MISSED THIS ONE! Besides the units will depreciate faster than used Yugo in 3 years.

KK

bud of mine just got back with one.

He got on a waiting list at a store in springville, didn’t even have to wait in line.

Just strolled on at 10pm and picked it up.

Its going on ebay, he’s looking to get 2500-3000 for it.

he does realize that the systems going for more then 1200 bux are idiots who are bidding them up to punish teh scalpers, nobody is really paying 3000 for a ps3 right?

very few actually paid that much

Some real bidder were paying that much.

It has stopped hitting 3000 and it right around 1800-2000 now.