Thoughts: My car vs. 2010 SS Camaro

so my buddy has been talking shit ever since he got his new camaro that he is going to pull buses on me. he has a bone stock 2010 camaro. which come with 422hp i believe. so my car makes 390whp. so i just wanted to hear your guys thoughs on the race. it will most likely be a 40 roll. unless i get to do a cheater burnout and we go from a dig lol

comparison notes:

my car 2010 camaro

-weight 3452 lbs - weight 3860 lbs
-390 whp 385 wtq - 422 hp tq?

Can your friend drive?

You probably weigh less as well, so +1 to you…

But yea, you should probably be able to take him…though he may get you at higher MPH…damn displacement…

yeah he has been driving late models/supers stocks for 10 years. so he can definitely drive. i way more than him by like 30 lbs

but on the other end i have a supercharger which pulls up top pretty good to combat his displacement

im going with you on the slight advantage. you probly trap a lil over 110 and hes probly a lil under. a lot of guys on the mustang forums with ~400whp trap 112 or so.

He makes 422 CRANK HP. 408 lb/ft

Lose a little less than 15% or so for driveline loss (assuming manual) and he’s down to 360 HP at the wheels. If your numbers are legit and assuming equal drivers you should have the advantage.

That said, our cars were hitting within 1-2 mph of each other on the straight at dunnville (according to the guy with the radar gun) so I’m a little suspect of your 390 whp figure. My GTO is bone stock, heavier, and rated 400hp at the crank. Either I was carrying a lot more speed out of grand bend or your car wasn’t pulling as hard as it should.

is it auto or m6?

Shouldn’t you destroy him?!?

I say you’d win, just get it over with!!!, Hook up a bottle jus in case?

Provided you don’t miss third :wink:

Slowrock- its a manual

neonglh- i think i would

slow84ta- no bottles. and i cant retune my car lol…yet

JayS- i dont come out of the grand curve nearly as fast as most people. i could push my car way harder at dunnville if i wanted to. my suspension has WAY too much travel for my liking which will be fixed by next year. bing comes out of the grand curve like 15 mph faster than me lol. i just like to keep my car in one piece and have a good time.

yeah we’ll race again when you have REAL motor in that car lol

:tup:

Mike, I would think you would have the advantage, based on strictly #'s, and I like you more than him…

Then I’m guessing you should take him from a 40 roll.

UGH V8’s Nissan’s FTW!!! Im so exited :wink:

Spec, if it matters last time we were out our cars were pretty close. I raced a dude with a 2010 auto SS and pulled on him pretty bad. IDK if the driver mod played a big role but, it didn’t seem to quick.

Based on the numbers and what I have seen just surfing the web it will be a close race, but I think you are going to pull on him.

If this guy knows cars and has been driving a long time like you said, he is just trying to talk shit to get you all riled up, he knows it will be a close race.

EDIT: Close as in within a car length either way.

personally… i think your done… these trap 110 in magizine articles and we know from past experience the real world times are a bit quicker. Mike’s evo trapped 110ish and he pulled ya… this is all speculative bench racing but go out and see what happens, make sure to get video.

I still dont know how my car and your car made identical power on the same dyno and i am between 118 and 120 trap? :gotme:

I have seen stock LS3 Camaros dyno anywheres from 355rwhp - around 390rwhp

because you have mickeys/drag suspension setup
and i had 7 year old tires with my non drag setup lol

so that would explain some of the difference in trap speeds