Thoughts on solid engine mounts.

There wouldnt be any problem with that.Usually the drivers side is the one that lifts so that is the one that is most prone to breaking.I dont see anything wrong with using it on the pass side.The only thing i dont recommend is using all solid mounts on the engine and trans,i have heard bad stories of people doing that and having the block crack do to the body flexing.I have had no problems with just the one solid on it.I dont have any sub frame connectors and the body twists pretty bad on a launch.

[quote=“challengermike,post:61,topic:27225"”]

The only thing i dont recommend is using all solid mounts on the engine and trans,i have heard bad stories of people doing that and having the block crack do to the body flexing.

[/quote]

i have heard the same. the trans has and will stay poly mounted.

as far as the poly/sold motor mounts… its something to think about.

im probably going to buy the K with stock style mount provisions, and if i need to convert to solid, it shouldnt be hard at all to TIG up

This is what it looks like when i launch.

thats a big boat! how long have you had that mount setup btw? what are others’ opinions when they ride with you

Everyone that has been in the car says they cant belive how smooth it rides.I have never had anybody say that it vibrates or anything else.However the 3 inch exhaust is another story,It is louder than hell inside the car.But still no vibration.It has been like that all summer and has had many beatings and all is still good.

That car is sweet! My car has solid mounts and it makes my dash buzz a little at or around idle but thats it. Solid mounts FTW.