Throttle Body

Hello,

I have been having trouble with my low Idle issue at a light or a stop. It idles at 600, then will suddenly drop and feels like it’s going to die. Then Goes back to a normal RPM. From that, i would like to try to clean my throttle body. Would anyone have time to give me a step by step process? I just need to know where to clean, what parts to clean etc. Any help would be usefull!

Thanks in advance!:/:

i just went through this problem and cleaned my throttle body.

disconnect anything that could be connected to the air duct. then loosen all of bolts off to remove the air duct (which is what is connected to the throttle body). the throttle bodys have the little flip thing (throttle plate) on them so when you clean it remember to move that around and try to clean that pretty good. I’m going to do it again with throttle body cleaner. If you use the throttle body cleaner. spray it in there while the motor is running… then once your done and everything is bolted back on drive it for a bit ( im not sure what this does ive just been told by a few close ppl to do it forsure ) either way it’s not a hard thing to do. i found that using a sponge worked pretty good to get it off.

also watch out to hit any sensors… not a good thing hhahaa

hahaha, alright i’ll gie that a try, it;s a good project for tomorw. Thanks for the tips man!

cheers!