ThrowoutBearing Question

Took my tranny apart today to see why it wouldn’t go in gear…the throwout bearing is bent to hell on the inner ring and my bearing has(had) these two clips one on each side…one was broken and in the bottom of the tranny and the second was still on the bearing but bent…i can’t see what they would hold on to but are they THAT important that i HAVE to replace them also(didn’t come with the clutch kit)

http://www.replacementautoparts.com/unified/buy.php?make_text=nissan&model_text=nx&ml=nx--001&year=1993&part_name=rel-dot-_brg-dot-_retain-dot-_spring&brand_name=oeq&r=1&make_code=NI
ok that is what i need…does anyone think i can find it at a parts store or do i have to venture into a stealership…or worse…order online

are you talking about dif pins?

Im assuming that those are the clips that hold the fork on the bearing?

no

and judging by how everything is…yes…damn i may have to check the fork for a possible replacement also…but yea where can i find them?

thats another downfall to a launch, A burn out, equal to a Neutral drop, holding the rpm up like 4500 and dropping the clutch… if you intend on doing this more often buy a better clutch kit

^ u didn’t help! lol so i guess nobody knows where to find those clips? time to start calling around

Um try nissan…

Tried already, Monroeville Nissan doesn’t have them…West Hills does though…BUT i cannot get way out there…paul…want some gas money lol

If u mean the 2 tabs on the throwout bearing from what i seen u just have to buy a new throwout bearing if thats what u are talking about u cant just replace the tabs. I could be wrong

WRONG! lol no your right about the “tabs” BUT there are two “springs” as nissan names them that clip onto those tabs and thats what i need

Oh i c well i was a little right. On my neon there are just the two tabs on the throwout bearing that clip in to the clutch fork

i think dorman/motormite/help (same company), might make those clips but the springs well i would have to see them.

ill look it up through my job brb…

well here is the throwout bearing… Centerforce C78433 … as far as the clips i would need a borg and beck or sachs book neither of which i have handy…

I dont have retail pricing available to me. ill look for the clips give me a minute

yea on most cars they are the way…where yours has those tabs i have two clips(springs…i dunno why they call them that because they are in no way a spring)that attach to those tabs and then they attach to the clutch fork. At first i was scared to do this work myself but i went over the chiltons manual multiple times before i started…and this time i had an impact wrench which made things a sinch

Found the part…got it…time to start reassembling the car