Tranny needs a new throw-out bearing

I was wondering if I could get some help, and if anyone knows of a place where I can a hoist. That would be awesome cuz I cant afford to do it. Otherwise ill just wait till next year. I have all this week off. There would be some beer in it for anyone who wants to help. :slight_smile:

how bad is the bearing? u might as well do it when youโ€™re clutch is out the door, save yourself some work. maybe upgrade to a race spec clutch??

Yea I already have a spec stage 2 clutch just put in a few months ago. Clutch grabs hard, it just makes a horribly ugly noise especially in reverse.

How do you know the release bearing is the culprit to your problems? Does it make the noise only when your depressed on the clutch, partially, or engaged? Give more details, and someone might be able to steer you in the right direction.

You might only need to adjust the master cylinder sometimes.

Throw out bearings only make noise while clutch is disengaged.

Usually with our nissans, you know when the TOB goes; when you start to disengage and the noise gets louder as you go through the effective travel. I believe out TOB are always touching due to the self adjuster.

Hope that helps.

P/s the TOB should have been done when you did the clutch. your Machanice should have told you that if you paid to have it done. it only cost 30 bucks.

-deez

yup hes right,

btw do you have a sick green eg hatch that says DEEZNUTS across the window in white?

sick car. *drool