Thunderbird>Camaro Z28

So last night I pull up to some people at my house.Errr my nieghbors house but plans were to drink some beer with them.So I pull up and I spot this 93-95 Z28 6speed in the driveway.I immediatly ask the owner if he is interested in a couple of pulls.Of course with me driving a Thunderbird he accepted.How bad could it be right?Only mod he had according to him was port and polish intake and exhaust.

So we head out on a few different roads.First run was from a dig,0-90ish from a dead stop I instantly pulled him about 2-3 car lengths before I got out of first gear spinning and wheel hopping all over the place.By the time I hit about 90 I maybe had about 4-5 car lengths on him.So I shut down.

Second run was 0-60ish due to traffic coming up.We both got out of it as there were just to many cars around.Same results as first run.Instantly pulled him from a dig.I did notice on the second run that when he launched he bogged down a bit.

Third run was a roll.About 20ish.His car being a standard he was already in his gear.So he was nailing it and as soon as I nailed the gas the car down shifted into first.By this time he is nosed up at my fender and as soon as I complete the shift I started pulling him again.Hit second and started to pull some lengths.By about 80mph I shut down as I had about 3-4 lengths on him.

Fourth and last race was from another dig.We both had a light with no one in front of us.So I let him launch a split second before me.He probley launched about 2000-2500 rpm’s by the sound of it.He spun a little but caught traction half way through first gear.I launched from idle and probley spun about 3/4 through first.Pulled him about 2 cars to 60 mph or so.

I know that these are some low speed runs but given our location high speed runs were not an option.Every race I pulled him.Last year I was on par with stock LT-1’s.Seems my latest mods have paid off.

Forgive the story if it is poorly writen.I am still knew at writing kill stories.

Thanks

-Larry

:tup: to good times and good people

LTJuan kill with the thunderbird = meh
LSJuan kill with the thunderbird = baller

glad it was a good heads up race and no BS :tup:

Thanks,Hopefully next year I can catch a couple of LS1’s off gaurd.
Vortech gets bolted on this winter.>:)

Lee?

cough can’t even beat Mustangs

Because they back out when they are getting reeled in.

i’d say if you pull on lt1’s like that you could try out an ls1. a stock ls1. give it a whirl. anybody know anyone with a stock ls1?!?!?! BIGED!!!

I may be on par with a stock LS1.I just like to run for fun.If it happends it happends.I try not to go out of my way to meet anyone for a race anymore but if I am there and the other car is there than what that hell.I did a few weeks back run a 300C SRT and 0-100 he only had me by a couple of cars.But I was spinning real bad all the way through first and into second and he spun all of first.But thats another story.

It is hard to line up with a stock LS1 now adays.What are times 1/8th or 1/4 for stock LS1’s?Average.Aren’t they mid-high 13 cars?

well most are bolt on cars which range anywhere from low 13’s to deep into the 12’s. look at big eds car. all the bolt on’s and running a 12.1. granted it’s lightened like woah.

You gonna be at the S&R cruise night this wednesday? i’ll run u w/ my gtp

nice kill btw

Not sure if I am attending S&R this Wednesday.I can’t really see spending $5 a race.But I did make a few passes a few tuesdays ago.I am still waiting on a track lock to come in as I am still running an open diff.What did the GTP run at Dunn tire raceway?

Is this Larry from Rochester? The one with the black cowl hooded tbird?

I’d run ya in my stock LS1… our cars weigh the same lol

good runs

Nah man, its a different larry.

Used to be my neighbor in west seneca…

Tan 94 tbird.

ah, ok… we met at S&R when I still had my lincoln I think (either that or the mustang)

i ran a 9.2 about a month ago before the cam. trap speed was around 80, wish they gave time slips

Yeah a S&R run would be fun. Always up for racing.

Impressive.Whats done to the car?I managed a 9.0 flat with a 2.0 60’ on an open diff with wheel spin/hop to about 30-35 or so.Full street trim and street tires,no psi adjustments.With the wheel hop under control I should net a few tenths faster.

at the time 3.25" pulley, 2.25" water/air intercooler, headers, and a 9" open cone. when i would run on tuesdays i would get like 2.4 60ft’s and shit. full street trim, 3/4 tank of gas, trunk full of tools. but i got my tire spin under control or i did at least. now it’s cammed. so i’m hoping for mid 8’s w/ a low gas tank and empty trunk.

Go get em Joe! We should do some tuning to ur car to make SURE its in the 8’s. lol. Maybe I’ll go to S&R this Wed.