Ticket Advice?

This might belong in OT but seeing as it does pertain to a car…if its in the wrong spot please move it.

So I was really low on gas tonight so I was going about 60 mph down Jefferson road in Rochester to try and make it through all the lights(45 mph speed limit). I get pulled over by monroe county sheriff who tells me I was going 60+ for quite a ways. I apologized and told him why I was going so fast, hand over my license and registration, and he goes back to his car for about 10 minutes. Luckily he was a nice guy and tells me he’s not giving me a speeding ticket but instead he’s giving me a ticket for my air freshener(driver’s view obstructed) and tells me that its a no point ticket and should be approx. a $25 fine. Has anyone gotten something like this before? I wanna know if I should just plead by mail because that seems like what I should do but I know pleading guilty by mail is the kind of tricky seeing as they can then just hand me the max penalty. So, has anyone gotten something like this? and what did you do?

Yeap, I was passenger, we were on our way to the glen, in WARSAW ny (if your firmiliar we were going 90mph over the one bridge, at the end of the bridge they shoot radar, which is right inbetween the police station and the church. Instead of the ticket, an obstructed view ticket for stuff in the mirror was issued. The driver just paid it.

the main thing you have to remember is if it is a state law you get the state surcharge (not sure what it is these days but last I went to court it was $55 and it has prob gone up)if you have the time, go in and plead not guilty. its always worth it

pay the $25 bucks and shut the fuck up about it.

Im pretty sure its $75 now for state surcharge

Seriously.

dude, its a 25 dollar fine and you got away without having a speeding ticket, possible points and class. not to mention 25 is alot less then what it would have been. just mail it in.

QFT

/thread

feel lucky.

srrsly.

going FASTER cuz you were low on gas? :banghead:

I’ve had a very similar ticket on jefferson road about 4 months ago. The judge in henrietta will probably not hook you up because you can’t plead it down to anything less (he’ll know what’s up – that an officer hooked you up because that’s why the officer picked something stupid). Long story short, I sat in court for 2 hours before they got to me and ended up just having to pay the ~$100 ($25 + surcharge).

my advice is just mail it in unless you want to go watch 2 hours of shoplifters from marketplace mail act like idiots and then get your shot. If you do go, let me know if they let you off with less because then I’ll be pissed.

the only reason I even went is because it’s right down the street and it was an excuse to use a couple hours of personal business time up.

My cousins a state trooper (new york state) he is a lieutenant, he says to go to the actual court during the normal business hours, tell them you want to plead guilty and the court will mail you a fine. He said it will be no more than $30.00. If you mail it in to the state, he said it will be a $50.00 fine.

he must be forgetting the surcharge. I just went through it in this exact court.

If you knew the situation with the lights on Jefferson, you’d understand, lights every 100 feet or so and there is a tiny tiny window where you can catch them all if you are going fast enough, not to mention I was driving a manual and cruising at 60 is about where I get my best mpg

i’m just gonna plead guilty by mail, my parents aren’t even pissed and my dad said he’d pay it since he blames himself for my speeding ways(he thinks since he uses the turbo in his passat a bit too much that I got the wrong idea from him, thats not it at all but hey, a free $100 is a free $100 so i’m not gonna tell him otherwise lol)

I got this far. started laughing. and wrote you off as a tard.

lol gee thx

just go to ur court dates, ull prob have to go twice at the most, then just got n pay ur fine. when its time for your final court date to pay the fine theyll usually give u like a week window to pay it, just go when court is not in session because it will be 300x faster fa sho

hes not complaining about how much it costs u retards, hes asking how he should handle the ticket

just pay it. woopie 25 bux.

there are a couple lights on jefferson that it really helps to floor it because if you make it past the next light you’re golden for like 3 more after that traffic permitting. and if you miss the one then you get 3 more red lights for sure.

Exactly!

and deebo’s right, I’m not complaining about the ticket, nor do I plan to try and get out of it, I know I am damn lucky and the sheriff was thankfully a nice dude, he could have just as easily slammed me with an epic ticket that would leave me broke and very unhappy, I just wanted to know if I should mail it in or not. I have come to the conclusion that I might as well just mail it in.