Ticket question

I got a ticket for a wreck a following too closely or whatever. even tho the wreck was neither mine or the lady i hits fault…heres the run down:

A semi truck was pulling out of a side road onto the main road. On the main road it was a lady in a tan Buick (leading) a lady in a red Celica (middle) and me in the 240 (rear) the lady in the tan buick got scared hit her brakes causing everyone to check up. my brakes locked up and i hit the lady in the celica. i only caused scratches to her bumper from my front license plate. the semi left and the lady in the tan buick took off since she just caused the wreck but no damage. my front end was all fuggered up.

the cop comes after 45 minutes gets are info, calls it in yada yada yada. the lady in the celica and i both filled out statements and i received a ticket. the officer never made me sign the ticket.

the few tickets that i have gotten i had to sign.

does this mean anything significant, can i fight it or doesnt it matter if its signed or not?

this was in ohio. so i dont know if the laws in PA are different. so i dont know if any of you could help or not, but thanks either way!

i dont “think” it matters wether u signed it or not…

i got pulled over once and got 4 tickets…2 of them 4 came in the mail cuz he ran out on tickets when he stopped me

:rofl:

that’s nice, ran out of tickets, what a douchebag

What were you doing that you made him run out of tickets?!? :eek4:

On a slightly different note, don’t you all think that once the cop runs out of tickets, he should take the rest of the day off for doing so much already?

hey umm can we answer my question? and if you got a question for solow he can either A) start his own or 2) pm him

Kinda weird they didnt have u sign it…Does it say on there anywhere that if u sign “u acknowledge the reason for the citation” or anything like that? If so u may be able to get out of it

not that i can see. but it says i can just mail in my shit with out having to appear. if i could ever get a hold of them. its been since the 15th. everytime i call they tell me to call back the next day. and then the next and then the next. when i finally talk to someone im just going to ask and see what they say, since its a weathersfield cop gave me the ticket but i have to appear infront of niles court.

Sure thing. Since they can mail you a ticket, it doesn’t matter if you sign it in the officer’s presence. It’s still a valid citation.

If you hit the car in front of you then you did not have control of your car. You were at fault and thats the reason you got the ticket. You can refuse to sign the ticket when the cop ask you to sign and it is still a valid ticket. IMO depending on the judge, you might get a reduction. You should fight every ticket you get.

you could always contact an attorney. They usually have a free like 15 min consultation. They will tell you what options you have and what they think you can do, if anything, then they’ll ask you if you want them to represent you. I would ask attorney, that way instead of guesses you get an answer straight from the horses,well… ass.

im not refusing of getting the ticket, i didnt refuse to sign it. he didnt ask he just gave it to me. im not fighting it. he said its like a speeding ticket. not a huge amount. not like a reckless opp or anything.

Signing the ticket is neither a plead of guilty or not guilty, it’s just saying that you got the ticket, that’s it. You’ll still probably have a court date, etc.

a ticket is a cop saying that he caught you doing something wrong and this is the penalty… something like ‘careless driving’ or even speeding could or could not be valid based on the situation…

you hitting a car and having a cop come to the scene to report it is already the imperial evidence that you did something wrong… so it’s a moot point.

pay it and forget it.

I would try to get the careless removed and don’t follow so close next time :stick:

wasnt following too closely. like i explained brakes just locked up. if 40 feet is following too closely then yeah i was folowing too closely in a 40mph zone. anyways it was an $80 ticket so i just mailed it in and that was the end of it