Tigawoods' 95 Celica GT 56k

well, the turbo thats on a 3sgte starts to spool at 1500rpms and is at full boost in 2000ish rpms… my car was a great autox car.

ct-26? there is that one and then another that art(lagos) was talking about the other day

a few???

almost any stock turbo car boost early… my vw and bmw both spool around 1500rpm… it’s almost spooling at idle :doh:

you could find the right match up… that car needs some power

it does. it is somewhere around the power of a rsx type-s. after my suspension work next month i might throw a few more performance mods on and then dyno tune it in august

:whitey:
Oddly enough, Whitey went faster with the boost turned down :burnout:

Plently of turbo cars out there running fast times. Key is to drive smooth enough to keep the thing in boost. Even a NA 4 cyclinder is going to suck ass if the RPMs fall to low. Problem with FWD is getting the power down (thankfully most factory turbo FWD cars have LSD’s already).

What kinda suspension you planning anything good?

no you dont.

you have a glorified camry 4cly motor at best

and theres really no reason to tune a 5sfe unless boosted your not going to get any power out of it.

yes i do. my friend and his mugen type-s are completely even…assuming he knows how to drive the thing. i know its a camry motor…and yes glorified it has rebuilt internals i forget exactly what, i got it done a year and a half ago

oh yeah i know u cant tune a 5s. i didnt specify on what i was tuning haha the SAFCII, its street tuned now

and i am deciding between D2 and Ksport colivers. plus the other amenities u need for suspension work

you are NOT making the same power as an rsx-s, sorry mate, its just aint happening. Those cars are putting down 185whp, and from what I understand you’d be lucky to see 140whp out of that thing.

And what is a mugen type s? they never shipped anything of the sort over here unless he spent ridiculous money on mugen stuff that wasn’t neccessary

mugen type s never made such a thing, cause in the land of mugen it would be a type R

maybe he means his buddy with a base rsx with mugen badges :scared:

a mugen type-s? I dont think theres a such thing… that would be like a trd car that never came out…

but it sounds like he cant drive… 5sfe powered celicas 90-99 normally see anywhere from 15.9-16’s…

Im sure a rsx-s is a lot faster than that.

haha yeah it is just a mugen kit on a type-s. i do know for a fact that i am making more than 140whp. weight could also be a factor i am around 300lbs lighter.

i may not be making the same power but for some reason, the 2 pulls that we did, we where even.
i found a local shop that will let me find my numbers $50 for an hour session

what is your complete mod list for the motor?

everything is listed in the thread
basic bolt-ons
rebuilt block
safc
thats it i think
pu motormounts

ive been busy with the car this summer. i got a few things, not really what i had planned on getting but still some good stuff

Just to point out a few “HIGHLIGHTS” of my summer

participated in auto-x 2 times.

would have been three, but due to a timing belt that snapped (2min away from the track) i could not attend

fixed the timing belt by myself for the first time…3hrs not too bad

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66yhF5jtVk”]AUTO-X VIDEO[/ame]

cone damage

so all in all i have gotten

some new sticky rubber
sway bars
larger endlinks
red stuff pads (nice bite)
New Timing belt
15mm spacers
Hyper Voltage system

Lookin’ good Mike!

How are the sway bars working for you? did they help alot?

you feel one with the car haha

wtf was that lot? Looks like a poopy place for an auto-x.

And how in the hell is your car in BSP with Corvettes, EVOs, and STi’s? Without even looking up the rules I’m pretty damn sure you should be in a lower class with cars you actually stand a chance against. On the bright side you got to try it out a little and thats cool :slight_smile: Looks like you were racing on a airport runway someplace?

you need a 3sgte