Time For a Change Part II

Well, as most of you know I have the Sierra up for sale. I was getting kind of tired having the TDI & the Sierra. I was enjoying driving a truck more than the TDI & really want other toys like a boat or a bike so decided to just start fresh. I originally was going to buy a Ecoboost F150 but after seeing so many mixed reviews I went with something I know people love & don’t really have problems with.

So here’s what I got. It’s a brand new 2013 Chevy Silverado LT Z71. Has the stock 18 inch wheels, extended cab short bed, cloth seats, back up camera, spray in bedliner, undercoat, painted front bumper, etc. I also went with this b/c my work gets me 4 grand off these where with the Ford I would have only gotten 2-2500 off. So far pretty happy with it, took it on a trip from Glenville to Poughkeepsie to bring some furniture down to my mom, took it fishing, & of course have started modding it haha. This will be my daily driver for now until the Sierra sells. I’m looking at getting a VR6 MK3 GTI to do a VRT build on & then maybe doing a Veggie MK2 Diesel to have as a beater. Here’s what I’ve done, what I plan to do & some quick pics. Let me know what you guys think.

What I’ve Done:
-Black Bow Tie Front & Rear
-AVS In-Channel 4 Piece Window Visors
-AVS Smoked Bug Deflector
-Bushwacker Bed Rails

What I Plan To Do:
-Tint the Front Windows
-Rough Country 2.5 Leveling Kit
-Maybe New Wheels?
-Intake
-HIDS

Down at the lock fishing:
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/cjconlon692/mynewsilverado_zpsf2b8ed34.jpg

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/cjconlon692/whitesuitblacktie_zps07af4dd5.jpg

Gorgeous. What are you getting for mpg’s with this?

Just got 18.5 out of it last week & that was without using cruise control. Can’t use cruise control until after the 1st 1,000 miles which made my 2 hour drive to Poughkeepsie really blow haha.

nice truck

Shoulda waited for the 2014’s to be available. They started coming in last week and are already being delivered to select dealers. Huge improvement

Nice truck regardless though. I had the same exact thing but in black and a 2012. Traded it in about a month ago.

Joey, if you have a dark grey crew cab GMC come in. Take a few pics for me!

Drove a dark grey one today with the chrome wheels, I’ll have to take a few pics tomorrow. Phenomenal looking trucks the GMC’s are.

Curious on what the reason for this is. I know the answer will be some sort of break-in BS, but does the manual really say this?

they don’t want you to keep it at a constant rpm bc you can groove the cylinder walls…atleast that was what i was told when i bought my bike

Rotterdam/Glenville lock yesterday morning? I was on the bike path and saw a Chevy truck parked across the river.

And Im sure a 2013 was a much better deal than a 2014 since everybody wants a 2014.

Nice truck man!!!
Are those 18 or 20s

Shoulda waited for the '14 model this late in the year

Nice truck tho

We got the first one on the lot the other day. Honestly I’m really to a fan of the exterior styling. That and I’m on the fence about DFI on a pickup with the problems we see on SUVs.

Yeah I started seeing them last Monday, can’t believe they started taking them to dealers already. You’d think they’d wait a little, especially when there’s still old '13 models being pushed out.

The exterior on the Chevy’s I honestly think isn’t a HUGE improvement, GMCs though definitely. The interior is where they stepped it up for sure.

Gotta be the first out with the new ones though. I remember when Ford came out with the '97 F150’s in January of '96.

I like trucks, but man…buying a new one means taking a pounding financially. And the resale value after a year or two is a major loss. But regardless, nice pickup.

So true.

the 14’ LTZ we just got as a demo is stickered at 50k and it is close to fully loaded but actually doesn’t have every option.

And next year you can buy it for $40k or less

Thanks guys. I’m pretty happy with the truck so far. Makes good power, smooth ride & pretty sharp looking if I do say so. Part of me wishes I went with the Ecoboost but with 1/2 the people I’ve talked to who own them saying they hate it & the reports of the law suit Ford has against them for issues with the truck, I’m glad I went GM. Always been a GM truck guy anyways. Truck just got it’s 1000 miles on it, woohoo. Getting my appointment setup today to get the front windows tinted at showroom next week.

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/cjconlon692/1000miles_zps32d75266.jpg