timing chain - KA24DE

yarr, my KA24DE died last weekend…
i knew it had timing chain problems, and ironically it was scheduled to get fixed the day AFTER that happened. anyways, i was just driving along… and RPMs dropped… and engine light went on, rofl.

so the chain either slipped off, or broke (which i think is unlikely)
if anyone with any experience w/ this problem can help me out, or give me some advice what to do and what to look for, that would be greatly appreciated
i’d love to get this fixed asap (timing chain kit has been ordered), and dont really wanna be forced into an engine swap. i mean i’d love to put an SR20DET in there, or somethin like that… but cashflow isnt the highest right now :oops:

anyways, all help is appreciated

I have a KADE short block for sale, it had all the tensioners guide and both timing chains replace about 30 xxxkm ago. http://www.n-e-c-c.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13672#13672

I did the timing chain on the SR before I put it in and on a fwd KA24E, if its the same way as an SR, you gotta take off the crank pulley and what not, for the SR i had to take off the upper and lower oil pan i think it was, it was a little easier because the engine wasn’t in the car yet. Might as well do the water pump too.

Buy a manual or if anyone remembers the website with those online manuals for download?

There is a sticky right above this thread entitled “Nissan Factory Service Manuals”. That should help. :slight_smile:

Zing! :smiley: