Timing Chain

Guys ive seen a 240 for sale for 5500 bucks butt he thing is that when I brought my mechanic he told me that the timing chain needed to be changed. Hes said that changign it is expensive, and that i would be better of if i find one with over 200000km with a timing chain done. What do you guys think.

Nobody got any answers :frowning: :? :frowning: :cry:

Your mechanic is a liar and a crook. Timing chain almost never needs to be changed, it’s the chain guides.

No hes actually a relative lol, but he didnt see the car personally i just explained it to him. Ok heres what i heard, its like a ticking sound, but im sure its not the valves since it only happens while the car is idling. I really need some help, casue I had never seen a cleaner car in my life lol. I want it badly.

Guys, I was told by someone that most likely the top guide should be removed in that 240. He said that it is not a big deal, and all you gotta do is remove the valve cover and unbolt the small metal plate. I was also told though that if i hear noise after doing this, then there is a very good chance that the car has been abused like crazy.

Yep, most likely just the chain hitting the guide. Not a big problem…and if it’s the only one the car has, for $5500, it’s probably a good deal.

btw, BUT has 1 T in it…ass. :wink: