timing hard to do yes or no?

so found out the car is out of time and that is why its being stupid. now i was wondering if i got the timing light is it hard to time a car? its a sohc honda motor. i have done some swaps and turbo installs. should i try to do it or should i have somone else do it?

SOHC’s are much easier then DOHC’s
you just have to line up the gear with a a certain mark (i dont know much about the honda motors) fmfkid is probably your best bet.

but if you dont know what your doing have someone else do it, if you do it wrong you can really fuck shit up. bend valves, warp heads, etc etc.

Is it an ignition timing issue or cam timing issue or both???

that and did you put a light on it to see where its at right now?

didnt do anything yet just seeing if i would be able to do it myself.never did timing

are the sohc hondas interference engines? if its out of time timing belt wise you will know if it is an interference lol. if its ignition go buy a book for that car/motor and read the ignition timing procedure as you probably going to have to disable the computers ignition advance by jumping a cable or unplugging something and then use the light.

Yup, it’s like an adjustable cam gear, but the adjustments are really coarse :smiley:

And, yes, for 15 bucks the manual at Advance/Autozone/etc. is well worth it.

Ignition timing is not that hard. The light, the base advance, and the jumpers/removers for setting the timing, and the dizzy rotation…pretty simple.

We used to set them by ear. You used to be able to tell on a v8 when it was right…it would start on the first click of the starter and it would idle smooth as a kitten and not stall out or anything at idle.

just throw it takes 30 min if u have ac and ps