Tint ticket question...

This would be a fun one to hire a lawyer for if you were rich and had nothing better to do.

Argue that with the window down, technically when you were observed by the officer your window opening was blocking 0% of the light, so that has to be legal. The DA’s response would be something like, “Yes, but when you rolled the window up it is illegal”. To which a good lawyer would argue that when you put the accellerator pedal to the floor the car will break the speed limit. So does it mean that because the operator can make the car break the law that the car is breaking the law just by existing?

They’ll argue that you’ll have to put your windows up when it rains or gets cold, but people ride motorcylces when it’s cold and raining, and they don’t have windows at all. You could just put on riding gear, maybe because you just love fresh air that much.

But, while this makes a fun mock case to talk about, in the real world it wouldn’t work too well. All you’d do is piss off the cop. He’d then write you tickets for EVERYTHING he could find, as well as tell his cop buddies about “that smartass in such and such car”. Then every time you go for a drive you can expect to get harassed.

i got one in fredonia a few weeks ago, all i did was told them i took them off the next day, and it got dismissed

I dont even get the whole desire to have dark tints. :gotme: If its going to save me a shitload of hassle, and trouble…then I can do without them.