Tint

So I have 35% scratch resistant metallic tint right now.

I want to re-tint to 20%. I got a quote from Tint King.

$200 to remove, and like $220 to re-tint (side windows, rear window, and sunroof).

That’s f’in insane.

Does anyone here remove tint and can do it for me? I heard you can just peel it off but I don’t want to risk it. Especially the back window with the heating wires. I’m scurred.

Can someone help me out if I decide to go through with this.

get a razor blade and get scrapin ya aint gonna scratch the glass,just be easy around the wires once its peelin it comes off

Removing tint on the rear window is a whore and its worth every penny to have it done professionally. I would leave the 35% if I were you… but then again, I’m old.

I dunno…every time I see Chris’ car I want to re-tint. I agree that I don’t get harassed one bit with the 35%, but I LOVE the look of dark tint.

Hmm…maybe I’ll just email them and see how much it would be to remove the rear, I can probably handle the rest of them since there is nothing but glass to worry about.

Call Mimo at 518 Motorsports and tell him we send you, tell him the price you got from Tint Star and see what happens.

Hmm…where is that place again? Western Ave. across from Suny or something like that?

I might just stop in.

How do you say that…Meemo or Mymo? lol.

yup, next to pasano (sp?) paints

its “mimmo”. say it “mee-mo”

Thanks.

Ryan, PM me a quote for a thorough interior clean. No shiny crap though (like on my dash). I just want some stains, etc. cleaned. They aren’t major, just winter crap.

will do. and i don’t own a single product that makes the dash/whatever look greasy. that stuff is FTL :facepalm :thumbup

go to the place across from walmart in glenville in the back of car wash he is cheap and really good at tinting 393-0093

Kinda far for me but I’ll keep that in mind.

I’m gonna hit up Mimo soon. Maybe tomorrow afternoon if he’s open at 7. I’ll be in the area.

:lol

Call up Dan at tint star, he’s the one who did my car. You can get a hold of him via Mimmo.

He has realistic prices and his work is nothing short of spectacular.

You can buy this tint removing solution from walmart, it helps to reduce and remove the stickiness of the glue, thats the main problem your going to have. You are probably going to be able to remove the entire back window in one pull, the adhesive will just stay on the window. then you cover the seats and trim, and then spray, let it soak, and wipe.

I had to do it to my legacy wagon when the tint came up from the passenger side. I can even show you how / peel off the back tint with you, just let me know.

Could you use a heatgun and a bunch of goo gone or is it more involved than that?

I think I have a gift certificate for one full tint job from this place. I won it at travis’ bbq thingie.

I wouldn’t want to use goo gone on someplace like that. not to mention it stinks like hell. its gonna be super easy to peel up a corner of the tint and remove the film. The labor intensive part is just the PITA glue. but the spray is only like 5 bucks from walmart, and is super easy to do

I might have to give it a whirl. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Nice sig Chris. lol. Nice windows.

like I said man, I’m more than willing to help ya, just pick up the spray !! (i might even pick it up for you if I end up at walmart today)

I can just meet you at vlads mobil one of these nights

How long does it take to remove?

And I’m still not sure I will be re-tint, it’s just a thought I have. Not 100% yet. I’ll let you know if anything.

not worth the money to change what you have