Tire gurus plz chime in!

fuck ecsta’s…goodyear eagle F1 or Eagle GT (for a less sporty DD tread with awesome water ratings) and both have a carbon fiber sidewall and rim protectors (harder to get bubbles and scratch the rim if curbed)

I did my research on all of those on Tirerack. I went with the Ecsta’s and haven’t been disappointed.

i mean they are decent for their price, i had a set on the sentra and they would have lasted 2 seasons, but i did not like the wear on them at all

That means you arent driving fast enough.

I don’t have a BMW :rofl

Your car could get the tires howlin if the driver could man up.

WoW Rocket and OsoiNA both with nice explanations and breakin it down

I almost forgot this article from buildafastercar.com ~> http://buildafastercar.com/node/9

A brief explaintion of how contact patch profile affects laterial grip, how laterial grip contribute to sidewall deformation, and how all those affect tire performance.

Examples of negative effect on excessive sidewall deformation can be seen in any autox event with people in stock class running the widest possible R’s on a stock rim with stock alignment. On the other side of the spectrum would be excessive tread deformation caused by sidewall being too stiff.

Nah the tires DON’T squeal and he IS a man… THE man in fact.

Because at 75 mph on that turn on SPTs, the car exits way outside- as in on the grass and then “powering out” while upside down with the fronts spinning freely in the air… Hence the silence.

:lol

j/k

Not quite. Couple with my Illumina’s and H&R’s, the SPT’s keep my car on the road quite nicely. It seems like the more you push them, the more they grab. No issues at 75-80. Going home at night (11 or later) from my brothers is always a blast :rofl

Good post. The more i read and the more i think about it, putting wider tires on my stock wheels is not the way to go at all. I need to find a nice looking wheel that doesn’t scream “aftermarket punk ass kid” and I will be in business. I’m thinking 18x8 or 17x8. Now for weight, is a few pounds over my stock wheels weights really going to make THAT big of a difference??? Lets be real here, my cars a 170hp awd AUTOMATIC :slight_smile:

A guy on one of the Subaru forums is trying to sell me a whiteline rear sway bar for $125 and is local. I’ve never heard of whiteline before, are they any good?

Yea, definitely man!

This is a pretty good way to look at it:

WARNING: Math ahead.

Math aside, you will definitely FEEL the difference when going up in wheel/tire weight at each corner when you drive. A few lbs either way is discernible.

Keep in mind there are some lightweight wheel choices that don’t break the bank these days too… They may not be the best looking wheel though…

Awesome link! bookmarked! Finding a decent looking wheel nowadays is tough especially at a reasonable price.

Pete is that a good price? its a 20mm bar with all of the mounting hardware.

It’s not too bad, as long as it looks to be in good condition.
Most of the new ones go for around 175 - 200 bucks.

Well I picked up a new Rallitek reay sway bar and I’m currently looking in wheel/tire options. So far I can’t decide between a 16x7.5 wheel and 17x8 wheel. If I go with a 16" wheel I will be able to use my stock tires for a few seasons as they are brand new and I run a snow tire on my stock wheels now. By doing this it would allow me money to get a new Rallitek front sway bar and possibly springs and also when my stock 205/55/16’s wear out I can make the jump to a 225/50/16 with ease because of my new added wheel width. If I go with a 17" wheel I have 2 options, my cousin has a set of 225/45/17 coughrun flats that he will sell me cheap that I could get a few seasons out of, or I could spend the extra money and get a new set of tires mounted and balanced and shipped right off the get go. Anyone care to chime in?

So keep pushing until you can’t anymore or hit a telephone pole

Get some Enkei RPF1’s. Nicely priced, very lightweight.
Try Enkei Nto3-m’s too.

17x8 with a 235 width tire works nice.