Tire Size For 16x7's

ya thanks for clarifying with me about stretch and bulge … ya my tires are pretty much square … k i kno u said not to use the calculator but i did for the hell of it … the tire size that i got the same diameter as my current tire size (205/55/R16) was 225/50/R16 … would that be ok? im going 5mm lower on the sidewall but 20 mm more on the tread width

Yes that would still fit on your wheels. Whether or not it will provide more grip, i do not know. IMO i think it would actually provide less grip, the bulge from the excess 20mm of width will flex and under higher speed cornering the tire will loose its shape at the contact patch between rubber and ground.

But i’m no tire expert, so dont take my word for granted.

so im guessin best bet from what ive read is 215/55/R16 … whats the price difference between the federal 595’s n the fk452’s? the fk452’s have more grip than the federal 595s?

I don’t know the prices but I can definatly vouch for the Falken’s being amazing tires. I have never used tires that lasted so long and wore so evenly! Just my 2 cents :wink:

And if you want even more grip then the 452’s, go with the RT-615’s. I think they are about the same price but a lot more grip!

http://www.roflsaurus.com/users/roast/IMG_1491.jpg

Quickest Picture I could get, here’s my setup.
16x7 +32 6mm spacer 225/50R16
16x8 +32 245/50R16

AhamedG - the sidewall profile is a percentage calculation based on the width of the tire tread. As you increase the width and keep the same profile your tire will actually be taller.

NVmySX, 87s15lt1, 245/45R16 on a 16x7 will bulge. I had the same size on my 16x8 and it was square.

The old rule of thumb was for each 1" wider, reduce the sidewall by 5. Now that there are online calculators, there’s no need for this rule.

This is a good tire calculator…
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

i dont know what you’ve been reading… but from what i read… everyone seems to be telling you to get 205!!! your running a SOHC you dont have enough power to need any grip!!! sheesh!

i dont know… but i got a set of 452s this summer and they’re already bald! plus camber wear that makes you dizzy just by looking at it! maybe i got a bad batch!

all the calculator is for is diameter.

so you don’t fuck with your vss to much.

all i was saying. you guys takin this shit to another level. i’m kind alost reading some of this thread. then again im fuckin exhausted.

i got 205.55r16 in rear. a 215 50 is the same diameter (height) and a bit wider.

yet for a ka24e. really dude. wider would hurt you more than anything imho

so then i shud go with the federal 595’s then since i dont need grip … or jus stick to the fk452’s or rt615’s?
im guessin its personal preference

i used the tire calculator that roast provided me to use and from what i found out, having a 225/50/R16 tire would be the same as having a 205/55/R16 tire which i have now. or maybe ill jus go 215/55/R16 … grr FUCK LOL … i wish i cud see these tire sizes in person n see them mounted on my car :/:

We need a calculator for stretched tires now lol

jesus christ, i dont understand why you want 225s.

what do u think Martino? What size would be good? Just stay with the 205/55R16’s or go up to the 215/55/R16’s or better yet, reduce the sidewall by 5 and go with a 225/50/R16? those are my 3 options now

im not sayin I WANT THEM, im jus lookin at my options that are acceptable from what ive read and calculated … if 225s arent good then i wont go with them … but like i mentioned earlier, i wish i cud see these tires mounted, then it would give me a better judgement

205’s

really eh just stick to the same size tires as i have already? k jus for my own knowledge, what if i went up to a 215? how much of a positive or negative would it be for daily driving and grip, etc?

Not much really.
Your running a single cam…you’ve got no power to lose grip unless you drift intentionally.

ya thats tru, im only running 140hp stock so i dont need really grippy tires … so i guess its personal preference, whether or not i want a 205 or 215
now is there much of a difference between a federal 595 and a falken fk452? if im using a single cam, i dont need the fk452’s and dont need to spend cash on them and jus go with the federal’s (im guessin they’re cheaper)

Samson is your man for tire decisions, ask him (duckJAI)

Okay, you said you wanted more grip. Why not go a size smaller on much better tires? Why dont you get 205/55/16 FK452s? You’ll have better grip than 215/50/60 595s.