tire talk

I was in the same boat as you for my DD. I don’t drive too spirited in it and wanted excellent wet traction and good grip for the few times I do want to turn hard. My 3 that I narrowed it down to were the SPTs, Exclaim UHPs, and HTR Z II. From all my readings, fuck the HTR. I actually was going to get the SPTs but they cost a tad more than the UHPs and they were backordered. So UHPs it was. So far I’ve got about 5k on them with very little wear at all. The wet traction is absolutely excellent (I’m not saying there isn’t better out there, but for the cost WOW) The SPTs actually tested better in the wet than the UHPs. The dry hard cornering I’ve done has been better than ecsta 712s, and toyo proxes FZ4s hands down. both the previous mentioned tires only got me 10k miles tops. These UHPs look like I’ll get 20k all day long. I’d say SPTs or UHPs no question. The only thing that sketched me out with the SPTs were a lot of people saying they only got 5-10k out of them (but I highly imagine they have bad alignments or perhaps there was a bad batch of rubber or something) Many people are getting 30-40k from some of the reviews I’ve read. Either of those 2 tires, I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

edit: Be sure to come by Swerve Motorsports to get em professionally mounted and balanced too! :slight_smile: