Titanium exhaust pipe?

I bought a sweet 4lb titanium muffler for my RHD civic, now just wondering if i could source the piping. I tried a little google, and didn’t get far at all.

Anyone know where to get it?

give allmetalsalesinc.com a try they do custom fab with Ti

I submited teh quote… we’ll c how much it is.

If i have to buy bulk, would anyone be interested in some? I guess i’d have to get a price first. Probably 2.5" at first, then 3" if the need arrises.

The mufflers arn’t more than 150, just an apexi N1 style… plus pipe, could make for a sweet exhaust that usually costs over a 1000.

i would be interested i need an exhaust for both the S and my hatch

they’re FULL titanium now and not just tip or tip + canister, w/ a SS piece of pipe on the other end?

Supposedly welding titanium is a huge pita, the welds on the greddy Ti is done by a machine(by the looks of it)

no 4" no care

I forgot to post… the one place told me they specialize in the bends and couldn’t get me just the pipe.

One place has yet to get back to me. I’ve been calling it “ducting”, since i see it used as such a lot more places. Freak, why is this so hard to get ahold of… my interweb muscles are ercle sized

Ti isn’t the easiest metal to work with, hence it’s price and availablility. Ducting? Since you aren’t finding “exhaust piping” Ti distributors, I guess looking for it under another name may work.

What is the reason you want Ti specifically anyway? I know you want to put your muffler on, but why not have Jeff @ 1st Try make you a slip fitting or something like that. Finding the piping and the sheet for the flange will be tough, and I don’t know of anyone off hand that has the ability to machine a flange anyway. Otherwise, a high quality 304 or Inconel seamless stainless will only be slightly heavier, and far cheaper…and obviously easier to find.

As far as the weight, its more signifigant than most people think. Offhand i want to say as much as 20lbs, but i could be way off.

I still haven’t heard from anyone. I wouldn’t be flanging it, I would mearly slip fit or band clamp.

I could easily make the exhaust myself with bends i have here, but the whole point was for it to be all completely Ti. If my progress begins to fizzle out as it has, i might just put it on and be done.

weight loss is extremely significant on some applications like my S if I buy this T1R its going from the stock exhaust being close to 60lbs down to somewhere around 14lbs i think is wat i read few more lbs and I could tell the new s2k CR to go F*^% itself and its 90lb weight loss

wow, that is a decent loss. maybe i should be doing this on my s2k!