Title for a Car

ok Heres the Situation
My dads friend is buying a house that has been abandoned there is a car in the garage that I may want to buy but the former owner of the house is dead and I have no idea where or how to go about getting the title…Any ideas or help is appreciated thanks

whomever was the recipient of the dead person’s property (family member most likely) has to get proof that they enherited it and transfer the title.

they have no family thats the thing it was my dads buddies business partner he abandoned the house and everything when he died

who has the death ticket?

no idea … the house is down the street from my house and its sitting full of stuff and the car is in the garage

what kind of car is it

geo metro?

its for a 68 dodge charger

:mullet: :bigok:

no way if I get a title its stayin here …got a 440 block in the garage waitin for it

if the house is abandoned, and the person buying it buys the house w/ all contents, then the car is his. probably will have to file for a new title though if this one is lost/not found in the house. could allways file for abonded car title. i believe u need to post an add in the paper, then if no one comes up w/ the title, then you can file for a new title.

wow thats cool wish i could find a old car like that.

how old was the guy?

if you die and don’t leave a will everything becomes property of the state unless anything has a lein on it. If there is a lein the it becomes property of whoever holds the lein.

I was told it goes with the house since it was abandoned

you could probably call up and ask a realtor and find out for sure…

i know my boss bought a place that had 30 cars there. old hudsons/packards/few fords etc. when he bought the place, the cars became his property. i scrapped them all. some of those old packards were so heavy it made my tow truck pull a wheelie while loading the cars, lol.

I just went and looked at the car …some kids broke into the garage and ripped the speakers and stereo out of it …smahed the reverse lights and all the mirrors…but all in all the car is in great shape

Update theres 2 cars in the garage …second is a 94 mitsu 3000gt SL …

i may be interested in the 3kgt if priced reasonably, let me know what happens with these cars.