Title / Insurance Question

me and my friend are looking for a pos civic to fix up and boost and learn how to do stuff for cheap…anyways…when we go to buy the car can we get the title transferred without having the car on insurance?

please explain how i can go about purchasing a car, not having any insurance (its just gonna be a track car we are gonna trailer it and shit), and have a title.

Thanks

dont get a plate… they will have no prob transferring title… but once a liscense plate is involved they NEED insurance proof

if you have your own insurance policy then just show them your current insurance card from another vehicle and youll get a plate, it will cost a little more.

if you do that when you go to insure it the insurance company will charge you from the date you registered the car trust me I just went through it with my volvo

you can transfer the title no problem without insurance, they just need to make a copy of your id just like normal. but if you decide you want to register it afterwards you have to wait until you get the title back which can take 4-6 weeks.

hmm never heard of that but thanks for the heads up. the civic in my garage has been registered since april and still no insurance. hope i dont gotta deal with too much shit to get it on the road

ok well i wont need a plate cause it will only be a track car. I do not plan on driving it on the road at all. Thanks

tip for your civic man…off topic a bit…t3’s can be had fromsaab 9000’s…cheep…they work well for tuners on the cheep…specially for civics…good to 10psi…or so i hear…good luck with the project.