To pass inspection... questions

We finally got my buddies truck running.

We are working on the body (filling/covering holes, new door skins etc), and replacing the tailpipes.

After we check the brakes, finish the bodywork and exhaust, what else should we check, or what will we need?

Sub Question: Will a daily driven 1982 GMC Sierra Pickup need cats?

Sub Question 2: Which one of you has a shop (and does PA state inspections) that will pass it if we leave a case of beer in the passenger seat? :slight_smile:

Tire are greater then 2/32 of an inch
wiper blades clear the windows
ball joints
broken or worn suspension parts
all lights work
windsheild is in good shape
all doors open and close properly
drivers seat and belt are in good shape
battery tie down
Does the horn work
just to name a few basics

Yes you will need cats, egr, pcv muffler (all stock emissons parts) and will have to take a 2 speed idle test on the sniffer

Should have bought a truck that didn’t come with any emission crap on it. :smiley:

Also, does it matter if the truck bed has holes in it? I thought you could not have rust holes into the passenger area, but is the bed exempt from this or not?

That’s a stupid suggestion. Vehicles started getting emissions components in the late 60s

Your not to pass anything that has large holes in it no matter where there at…

my truck in 1977 did not need any emission equipment. please get informed, then post.

U odnt need cats unless they physically check for them,i dont have one n they never check,of course i have an 02 spoof

Does anyone know if a 1982 GMC High Sierra 350/Auto/4WD had emissions equipment? This one shure doesnt as it sits.

I know fords that weigh over 6000lbs in 1979 and older do not need them. I am not sure about chevy and their ratings though. My f-150 is rated at 6050 to get around emissions from factory, what is the chevy rated at and what is the limit for 1982? you may be good. :x:

Please get informed? are you kidding me? Your truck came equipped with an EGR valve and catalytic converter. lets not make assumptions when were ignorant of the subject guy… any idiot will know that all cars had to have cats and egrs after the clean air act of 1976…

Redneck is correct, I know for a fact that late 70’s Fords that were over 6000 lbs got a class 2 weight sticker instead of a emissions test. Cars and large trucks of that vintage are like apples and oranges when it comes to emmissions.

Please know what your talking about and stop acting like a know it all asshole please.

He is just tring to give information that is relevant to the conversation.