To Plug or not

+1

got a flat in Canada in the middle of no where. Had my emergency tire repair kit from az. Came with plugs little compressor fix a flat and shit like that. Pluged the tire, and sat in the grass next to the side of the road and ate a sadwich. Finished eating than hooked up the little compressor. Filled the tire up with air than drove off with the intention of replacing the tire when i got home. One year later i still had the same tire. But by that time it was time to replace all 4 so it was no biggie. Its kind of a tossup man.

But id follow Jay’s advice

Plug it. You’re just going to replace it if you don’t… So why not try, wait and see…

Id replace it man. Its your life, if your driving somewhere going +30-40 it could end up pretty bad.

That’s too far. Replace it. Not worth the risk of a blowout.

Blowouts will be more costly than a new tire if it causes you an accident.

Nah it would be a free tire if it was a minor accident as I have low deductible full coverage, and an accident would give me an excuse to get something cooler!

Well I am leaving for 2 weeks. I will make a decision after I have had time to relax. I am probably just going to drive the truck for the next couple days, and leave the car sitting.

just take the screw out. drive it on the rim

Can someone explain how plugging it is going to lead to a blowout? I can see the plug possibily failing and the slow leak coming back but a total blowout seems unlikely, which is why I said I’d plug it. Maybe I’m missing something? I’ve broken belts in tires, even had a trailer tire tread separate on me, but I’ve never seen a modern steel belted radial tire under street conditions suffer a crash inducing blowout.

Doubt he will crash. but the likelyhood of a belt snapping increases with a plug in the side. But as far as anything major happening…Well I doubt that.