To the flat black ford on modified dump truck rims

Lol yea, give some pics :stuck_out_tongue:

60/hr and ill come out and get those rims to 100% xray :o
Well i guess it depends how thick :confused: dynasty 200s arent the most powerful units around.

hotrodkid is just putting himself on people’s hit list.Do you even own a vehicle yet?

stfu. Big truck wheels on p/u trucks is NOT a new thing and it’s a lot more common than you’d think. I personally think they look retarded on any p/u. If properly executed they work fine. The OP was making an observation on this attempt and posted it here. To be quite honest, welds that “came out pretty good” should not be anywhere near wheels. They better damn well be 100% perfect…especially on a"bad ass ford". And what exactly makes his Ford so bad ass?

i saw that truck at s & R too… i thought those were bus rims… looks so stupid and not safe

:needpic:

wheresthemotherfuckingpix

very cool of you to come in here and defend yourself in a reasonable manner. i have respect for that.

ive seen beautiful welds that failed easy, and ive seen disgusting welds that hung together like a bum and his bottle, but for wheels i hate to see welds that can be second guessed

yes, yes you do …

I drove by today coming from work, but i didn’t see it there. I wanted to snap a couple pics.

Well the rims are coming off for 38 inch super swampers. and the rims are NOT custom made. I dont see what the big deal is any ways its not any of you driving it so dont worrie about it. It is supposted to look scary thats the effect.

If they are solid weld then fine. Seriously though if they are hacked together. It is of just you this could effect. That weld breaks. You lose control and kill someone that is not cool.

im still not seeing pics

I’ve welded .25 aluminum with one of these(with 230v input power, on 110v, not so much). Even on 110v input power, on DC, you can get about 150amps out of one of these, plently enough for welding some decently thick mild/stainless. This is tig I’m talking about. Switch over to stick and your only gonna get about 100-105amps output.

Just sayin.

On topic, get some pics up.

Intimidating is one thing, afraid for the safety of you and the people around is something completely different. And how are they not custom made if he said he welded them himself in this very thread.

sorry i tried something differerent i got a good deal on the truck and did not want to spend money on huge wheels since i bought it for winter so i put dump truck wheels on it, dont worry i just got regular mud tires mounted on stock weels today they were not practical and your right not too safe feeling on the high way if you looked on the back of the rims the argon was turned up for those welds and they look nice but, i doubt you would ever believe that i was not leaking diesel but it was all over the top of the engine from turning up the ip pump yesterday oh and did you happen to notice the welds on the stack? those turned out good too sorry i tried somthing differnt. i think this is funny because i dont want to beat you up with my boys like someone else who was after both of us hotrodkid. apprently im kenny with the nismo haha(new name for a 240sx i guess?) and yes i live on gi and i cant believe the cops over here did not pull me over for those wheels. im gonna be drifting with my homemade drift wheels too this weekend at battle at the border , jk. im a machinist not a welder did you notice the nicely machined press fit centers i made. i never learned to weld i just kinda tried it out but after this semester i want to go to welding school, haha i guess i should shouldn’t i hotrodkid?

The new rims with 38 inch super swamper***