To the flat black ford on modified dump truck rims

you really feel safe ridding around on those rims? who the fuck welded them? because who ever it was that did the welding needs to be beaten severely

they managed to combine all major strength adding features possible:

porosity
undercut
cold lapping
stitch welding
spot welding
random mig wire stuck to the weld everyplace
100% negative offset for maximum stess on the shitty welds

i highly suggest you grind the welds back out and have them welded by someone who doesnt rape steel with an electric arc

adding a double plate would also be a great idea, at least 2" bigger in diameter then your scabbed in plate, and with proper bevels for the acorn nuts AND with numerous plug welds to attach it to your current plate

unless you just prefer to die in a firey truch crash one day, good thing its a diesel i guess … i could tell because it was leaking from your truck

Where did you see this black ford? Lmao i see one here in G.I. with thin dump truck wheels. It did look pretty ugly and unsafe.

cruise night

black truck
blue wheels
steel front bumper, also with shit welds, and has an “engine turned” finish so it looks like some baller stainless job, clearcoated in the hopes it would look like stainless

or the bumper is just made from the shittiest stainless that ever existed

I missed that at S&R. But i do believe thats the one from G.I, thats if its also lifted.

its high, the wheels are 24’s and its got a solid 6+ inches of sidewall all the way around

didnt look if it had a suspension lift or a body lift, i didnt want to get my head cut off if a wheel shattered while i was looking

Yeah i didn’t notice a lift kit either. Anywho, i wouldn’t drive that thing nor would i take a ride in it.

Your pics are not loading

UWOP

Maybe he learmed how to weld from that video on youtube of the guy that welded a trailerhitch together and said to always weld as cold as possible so you dont hurt your cheapo $500 home depot welder then dunk it in waterright after.

Ill dig itup after work.

this thread sucks…

only good thread to date that starts of “to the xxxxx vehicle on/at xxxxx” was the one of the guy throwing quarters at a truck on his bike.

pics or fail

^thank you thank you :slight_smile:

Come on. There is a sightings thread for this.

sorry i tried something differerent i got a good deal on the truck and did not want to spend money on huge wheels since i bought it for winter so i put dump truck wheels on it, dont worry i just got regular mud tires mounted on stock weels today they were not practical and your right not too safe feeling on the high way if you looked on the back of the rims the argon was turned up for those welds and they look nice but, i doubt you would ever believe that i was not leaking diesel but it was all over the top of the engine from turning up the ip pump yesterday oh and did you happen to notice the welds on the stack? those turned out good too sorry i tried somthing differnt. i think this is funny because i dont want to beat you up with my boys like someone else who was after both of us hotrodkid. apprently im kenny with the nismo haha(new name for a 240sx i guess?) and yes i live on gi and i cant believe the cops over here did not pull me over for those wheels. im gonna be drifting with my homemade drift wheels too this weekend at battle at the border , jk. im a machinist not a welder did you notice the nicely machined press fit centers i made. i never learned to weld i just kinda tried it out but after this semester i want to go to welding school, haha i guess i should shouldn’t i hotrodkid?

:lol: lets seem some pictures!

Hey man, sounds like a neat DIY. Pics?

:tup: to being honest

That ford just so happens to be one of the most bad ass fords around. The rims are sick because who else puts dump truck wheels on there pickup? NOT YOU HOT ROD FAG. Ken is a fine machinist, and the welds cam out pretty good. For not even having the tires balanced it ride really good there is hardley any wobble. This truck can even spin those big ass rims like nothing. who cares about offset it may put stress on the studs but its just a driver not a show truck.

I really need to see pics of this thing…

Nice Kenny, stick to what your best at.

I seen that a few times on Baseline, along with the 240. I just moved to G.I. That truck did look badly dangerous to drive, just by quickly looking at it.

From what ive seen so far, G.I. cops are not as bad as i thought?

PICS!!!